zaggmate ?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by geep, Feb 6, 2011.

1. geep

geep iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When the iPad is installed in the open position in the Zaggmate, how tippy is it? ie: can you use it on your lap without fear of it flipping over backwards or the iPad just coming out?
    The videos I have seen all show it being used in a flat secure environment such as a table............

2. ptbing

ptbing iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My experience is that it's not too tippy, geep. It fits pretty snuggly into the groove either portrait or landscape style. Works fine on my lap for me. Don't do anything drastic that will make gravity take the upper hand. Otherwise, I think you'll find it works quite well for your needs.

3. slothead

slothead iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I just used mine in that situation this morning (although I'm not using it now), and it was very stable (moreso than I expected). One thing to note (and a surprise to me), is that the Zaggmate does not have the softly arched back that the iPad has. It is VERY flat, and that flatness make it very stable on a flat surface/tabletop.

My only concern with it is how to get the iPad out of the Zaggmate without risking any damage. I ended up using my thumbnail in the iPhone connector socket, but I wasn't very comfortable doing that. Does anyone have a tip on how to separate the two halves easily?

4. ZAGG

ZAGG iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My favorite way to open it is the charging side. You'll get very good at it after a few times. That charging opening is all aluminum so it's plenty strong. I've been using mine for 9 months and it's just fine. Some people prefer opening from the side. That works fine too. Regarding the balance, the ZAGGmate is very stable from any angle where the iPad is from about vertical to flat backwards. You just don't want to lean it beyond vertical toward you. I can't imagine a time where you'd want to do that, so you'll be fine in most angles.

5. ptbing

ptbing iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I'm one of those that prefer the side. The entire side that is the bottom of the keyboard works well for me. It separates very easily. If you look at the construction of the zaggmate, you'll see the rim dips down a bit on that entire side. Hope that helps!!

6. slothead

slothead iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks guys. I have had better luck since I asked the question. Mine is still very new and a little tight, making it a little harder to open.

7. kc2ped

kc2ped iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Late at night, like now, I often use my iPad while laying in bed. I need to have the iPad screen nearly vertical so that I can see it. It doesn't like to sit in the ZAGGmate when my knees are flexed enough to get the screen in a viewing angle. I have to go naked in bed.