What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

zaggmate with keyboard and jailbreked ipad

Nickmobile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

is it possible to get the zaggmate with keyboard working on a jailbreaked

ipad ?

ipad is running 4.2.1

or will i have to wait till the guys get bluetooth working

cheers

OP
N

Nickmobile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for reply....

i presume it would work with the betas that r floating around that run of a

mac

OP
N

Nickmobile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi again,

silly question would it work if i ran a virtual copy of mac os x in vmware ?

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course, you may use the ZAGGmate with a jailbroken iPad. As long as you haven't disabled Bluetooth somehow, it will work just fine. It will also hook up to an iPhone whether or not it is jailbroken. I use mine on my iPad all the time using LogMeIn to control my computers at home. You can also connect it to any other HID compliant device, such as many laptops, HTPC's, etc. It's just a regular Bluetooth Keyboard with some special iPad functions stuck inside a shock resistant, attractive aluminum case. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

David
ZAGG

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course, you may use the ZAGGmate with a jailbroken iPad. As long as you haven't disabled Bluetooth somehow, it will work just fine. It will also hook up to an iPhone whether or not it is jailbroken. I use mine on my iPad all the time using LogMeIn to control my computers at home. You can also connect it to any other HID compliant device, such as many laptops, HTPC's, etc. It's just a regular Bluetooth Keyboard with some special iPad functions stuck inside a shock resistant, attractive aluminum case. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

David
ZAGG

Please actually read the first post before you reply.
Yes the I a jail broken iPad will work with the zagg mate but betas for the untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak are having problems with Bluetooth, so they disabled it in the betas.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
Yes the I a jail broken iPad will work with the zagg mate but betas for the untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak are having problems with Bluetooth, so they disabled it in the betas.

Dude, maybe you should re-read your first post - you didn't say anything about an untethered beta! you simply said 4.2.1 jail broken!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:

Dude, maybe you should re-read your first post - you didn't say anything about an untethered beta! you simply said 4.2.1 jail broken!

Yes I did. Are you blind? I said" Only if you are on the UNTETHERED BETAS you can't connect to it. Sorry."

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I did. Are you blind? I said" Only if you are on the UNTETHERED BETAS you can't connect to it. Sorry."

Untethered betas have had working bluetooth for the last 2 versions of the redsn0w beta so that issue has been resolved for quite some time. Zagg's response was valid and correct.
I have an untethered 4.2.1 using "monte" and bluetooth is fine. Works great with my keyboard too...
No need for everyone to get their knickers in a twist with out of date facts.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:

Actually, that was my bad and I MUST be somewhat blind - I thought your were the original poster in the thread (the original post never mentioned untethered or beta)! My mistake.... :) I thought that Zagg was actually replying to the original poster, not you, to be honest!

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:

Actually, that was my bad and I MUST be somewhat blind - I thought your were the original poster in the thread (the original post never mentioned untethered or beta)! My mistake.... :) I thought that Zagg was actually replying to the original poster, not you, to be honest!

Sorry, thats ok. Let's all try to be friends here. As for F4780y, dude chill out. I was talking about the early betas because OBVIOUSLY the original poster is on the early betas. I did not know that they have released new betas with bluetooth working. Why didn't you just say that? "No need for everyone to get their knickers in a twist"

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Awww, and everyone is friends again... :)

But i dont agree that it is OBVIOUS the OP is on an early beta. His 3 posts indicate to me that he is not untethered at all and may not even be jailbroken... He is just doing research to ensure his kb continues to work after a jailbreak and is confused by the 4.2.1 jb information available...

But maybe I am the blind one :D
His query is well answered... Lets move on friends :ipad-keyboard:

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awww, and everyone is friends again... :)

But i dont agree that it is OBVIOUS the OP is on an early beta. His 3 posts indicate to me that he is not untethered at all and may not even be jailbroken... He is just doing research to ensure his kb continues to work after a jailbreak and is confused by the 4.2.1 jb information available...

But maybe I am the blind one :D
His query is well answered... Lets move on friends :ipad-keyboard:

Good point, he didn't say what op he has so he is probably confused. Oh well...:)
Maybe I'm blind too...

OP
N

Nickmobile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all,

if u want versions, software used etc.. let me know

but i thought id just post to say....

cut the story short i did jailbreak my ipad (tethered)
i factory restored
zaggmate worked fine
tethered jailbreaked ipad again
hey presto zaggmate worked

so i guess a tethered jailbreak works.

Most reactions

Latest posts