What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggMate for iPad2

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it arrived today. now it's made by Logitech and Zagg. I love it. when closed it looks like one of those metal clipboards that you'd see construction contractors lug around, but otherwise it's fantastic!

Marilyn posted a great review of this combo in the ipad accessories under the discussions thread. It is thorough and positive.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-acce...-review-zaggmate-bluetooth-keyboard-case.html

I considered the Zaggmate with keyboard combo, but had already spent $40 on a Targus VuScape protective cover... I evaluated it for 30 days and decided to keep it.

But I do a lot of writing so I got an Apple Wireless keyboard...a beauty.

What I like about the separation of the keyboard from the stand cover supporting the iPad2 (like a monitor). By placing the keyboard in line with the iPad2 it is actually EZ to reach over and touch the screen, much like using a mouse... of course there is no mouse.

But now the iPad in the case is actually EZr to hold when not using the keyboard...the cover is slightly padded and is soft. And I like the fact the stand works to help w/o the keyboard involved.... I can use a pillow to support the weight and it is much more stable than the Smart Cover stand action. Over time the iPad2 gets a bit heavy feeling (though it is great). I have used the iPad2 bare naked ... no case ... and it is great ... but I sure do like the magnetic on/off. I added the magnet. It is so nice to just lift the cover and it's on. Close the cover and it goes off. So convenient.

I use the keyboard on my Mac Mini also and I like it better than the mac keyboard with numbers. The new Apple BT keyboard has such great feel and touch and it is full size and I don't have to unlearn years of typing experience on a standard keyboard.

I know, the packaging of my arrangement is not as nice as Zaggmate. But it actually works better. I don't travel a lot these days, commercially ... retired ya know.

Last edited:

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
VanHalen said:
This sounds great. Has anyone tried it with the iWorks apps for iPad? My thought was I could dump my laptop and only travel with the iPad2 with the Zaggmate2. I could work in a pinch if I had to using iWorks.

I've written a paper using pages and the zagmate. I had no problems. I've also used numbers, docs to go, and keynote.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw a youtube video where this guy reviewing the Zaggmate actually put the ipad 2 into the Zagg case with a cover protecting the back. It looked like a wooden back cover. I found that interesting. That is the only way I would consider the Zaggmate.

Now if anyone out there could actually tell me the type/types of back covers that can be actually used with the Zagg mate then I would definitely go for it.

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw a youtube video where this guy reviewing the Zaggmate actually put the ipad 2 into the Zagg case with a cover protecting the back. It looked like a wooden back cover. I found that interesting. That is the only way I would consider the Zaggmate.

Now if anyone out there could actually tell me the type/types of back covers that can be actually used with the Zagg mate then I would definitely go for it.

There are quite a few listed on the Zagg website.

Cya

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There are quite a few listed on the Zagg website.

Cya

But I don't see the leather one for Ipad2.

Kukulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.time-tours.com
madhatter61 said:
I know, the packaging of my arrangement is not as nice as Zaggmate. But it actually works better. I don't travel a lot these days, commercially ... retired ya know.

thanks for the impressions. I am not really sold on the ZaggMate at close to $150 with additional back protection and not so perfect keyboard.

Having just a separate keyboard might not be as elegant but more practical and less pricy.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you'd find that in the long run, the ZaggMate easily pays for itself. Before I got the ZaggMatt, I had the Apple Bluetooth keyboard, which is a great keyboard, don't get me wrong. However, it doesn't matter how nice the keyboard is if it's never there when you need it!

I hardly ever used my Apple Bluetooth keyboard, because it was only really practical when sitting at my desk at home... Otherwise, it's too much of a pain to carry it around with you everywhere you go.

Just my opinions, of course!

Reaction score
I'm cheap, efficient, and multi task as a rule. The Zagg mate fit me best.
I got the phone I have to be able to carry less stuff and use it faster. Same with my Ipad and accessories.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Sendbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the zaggmaate for ipad2. haven't really had a problem typing on it. Has anyone else noticed that the bar just above the keys makes a mark going up the screen?

Reaction score
Mine does it on my Ipad 1 but it is more of a clean spot than a mark :) my toddler daughter keeps my screen dirty except for the part you wrote of lol

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad on Wednesday the 11th and I also have the ZagMate. I can't compare it to anything else since this is my first experience with either one, but I will jump on the bandwagon in favor of the ZagMate.

It paired up immediately and performs flawlessly. It's a great combination.

Cya

Most reactions