ZaggMate for iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Daerid, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Daerid

Daerid iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it arrived today. now it's made by Logitech and Zagg. I love it. when closed it looks like one of those metal clipboards that you'd see construction contractors lug around, but otherwise it's fantastic!

2. gmaines

gmaines iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know what you mean. I am waiting for the leather skin from Zagg but do not know when they wii be ready.

3. VanHalen

VanHalen iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How you done much typing yet with the keyboard? I am very interested in getting one and was wondering how functional it really is.

4. Catfiend

Catfiend iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think this will largely depend upon the individual. For me, it's more functional than my wife's netbook since none of the normal keys are half-sized from their consistent, slightly smaller size. The couple of times that I've sat down to really type I've adapted to it very quickly and I'm getting to the point where I don't even think about the differences between this and the full sized laptop keyboard that I use for work. It has definitely transformed the iPad from an almost purely consumption device to one that I'm comfortable using as a laptop replacement - less the absence of a real word processor, of course.

5. jtrosky

jtrosky iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've done ALOT of typing on my Zaggmate (for iPad 1). It is a great keyboard. At first, you'll think the keys are too small - give it a day or two and you won't even notice the difference...

I've not had and have not heard of any problems with the key letters wearing off of keys after repeated use or any crap like that. The keys are also as physically "responsive" now as they were when I got it - it hasn't really "worn" at all, other than the fact the "popular" keys are starting to get a "shiny" effect on the black plastic from repeated use, but again, the actual lettering on the keys looks like it did on day one and the "shiny" effect doesn't affect the keyboard is any way (some wouldn't even notice it). I mention that because I've had full size PC keyboards where the lettering starting to wear off a few DAYS after starting to use it (I *think* it was a cheap Microsoft-branded keyboard, to be honest). None of that type of crap with the Zaggmate. Well made, very light, protective and looks great to boot! What more could you ask? :)

6. lonzom10

lonzom10 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very cool... Would it be possible to post some pics of the case, and the ipad in it?

7. n6smith

n6smith iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here are a few shots of my pimped out iPad 2 thanks to Zagg....

You can see more photos on my website at The Art Of Sound

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  8. Daerid

Daerid iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice pics

9. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I have to concur. I've got very large hands and at first it seemed clumsy but I acclimated very quickly. The only problem on mine has been a feather touch on the comma key gives 2 commas but a regular tap gives just one . Most touches require as light a touch as the on screen keyboard to respond, another adjustment I had to make. My 3 year old daughter uses mine to learn her letters, typing and words and toddlers stress test everything they touch.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  10. lonzom10

lonzom10 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very cool! Thanks for posting the pics! Was the Piano back a part of the your order or was that something you added separately? Does the Zagg cover the entire iPad like a case or is it used more as a dock only?

11. n6smith

n6smith iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The case covers the front and sides of the iPad only so it works as both a dock and a side/front protector. Having said that, the back of the iPad is made of metal and with a protective skin, like the one I have on mine (Which I ordered separately from Zagg...) the back is protected from scratches and scuffs. I also fitted a Zagg screen protector too, just for good measure and am extremely happy with all three items..

Cheers...

12. Kukulcan

Kukulcan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ho folks...new here but already got some valuable info :)

I wrote off the ZaggMate already because of the unprotected back, but I see it works well ZaggSkin.

But back protection for iPad always had another purpose for me, making the iPad less slippery...is that true for the ZaggSkins?

13. n6smith

n6smith iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes.. The Zaggskin is quite 'grippy' I find... It has a tactile 'feel' to it that I like.

Cheers

14. VanHalen

VanHalen iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This sounds great. Has anyone tried it with the iWorks apps for iPad? My thought was I could dump my laptop and only travel with the iPad2 with the Zaggmate2. I could work in a pinch if I had to using iWorks.

15. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I can"t specifically say it works any better or worse with any particular app as it just replaces the onscreen keyboard but it is easy to use and works fine on everything Ive used it on. I'm using it now to write this post.
    if you are wondering if it's as easy to use as your laptop keyboard ,I find mine easier to use than the keyboard on my daughters laptop that though covers more real estate it doesn't feel as ergonomic to me. I'm using mine on the iPad1
    I use it for letter writing, notes, a diary,emails,etc that are much more than a few words

Support Our Troops!
    This post was Tapatalk approved
    Sent from my iPad