What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZAGGKeys ProPlus for Ipad questions

Tigerman82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did u use the coupon u got from Google? Wasnt it still more with backlighting? But not a huge difference, so may be worth it..I could buy one to tomorrow at staples, but would like to get it with coupon. Will google it now!

Yes, I did use it. Admittedly, I would have saved even more if I had used it on the regular model, but as this was my first iPad (actually my first tablet) and my first mobile keyboard (and I'm not going update in years) I though 'what the heck'.

I have to mention here that yesterday the iPad started slipping from the groove and falling down when I tapped it enough. I looked at the Zaggkeys if something had given in because I did not have this problem earlier. I then noticed that there was some dirt in the groove. When I cleaned and made sure the bottom of the groove was clean, the iPad stayed on much better. As some people are having problems getting their iPad to stay in the Zaggkeys' groove, I recommend that you inspect the groove every time and that you take care in placing the iPad in the groove (testing that a few hard taps won't make it fall backwards).

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I did use it. Admittedly, I would have saved even more if I had used it on the regular model, but as this was my first iPad (actually my first tablet) and my first mobile keyboard (and I'm not going update in years) I though 'what the heck'.

I have to mention here that yesterday the iPad started slipping from the groove and falling down when I tapped it enough. I looked at the Zaggkeys if something had given in because I did not have this problem earlier. I then noticed that there was some dirt in the groove. When I cleaned and made sure the bottom of the groove was clean, the iPad stayed on much better. As some people are having problems getting their iPad to stay in the Zaggkeys' groove, I recommend that you inspect the groove every time and that you take care in placing the iPad in the groove (testing that a few hard taps won't make it fall backwards).

Don't have it yet but was able to order it atv59% off, the one with backlit keys. Will post more when I get it..hope it stays in the groove.lol

Tigerman82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may have spoken too quickly as the iPad has started slipping from the groove (I guess I should use 'channel' instead the prevent further hilarity :D) and falling backwards. There could be several factors contributing to this. I did notice that in the bottom of the groove or the channel, there were uneven spots (kinda like tiny bumps) when I slided my finger along the bottom. Moreover, it kinda looked like the channel's material gives in a bit when the iPad is placed in there. On the other hand, it could be the thicker screen protector, Moshi iVisor XT, that I'm using.

I'm glad to say that I found a way to fix this issue. I remembered I had electrical tape (smooth, shiny, black) so I cut a long, narrow strip of it and placed it on the lip of the channel where the iPad's bezel would rest. This did the trick and the iPad stays put without any slippage. It doesn't look bad either.

Tigerman82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZAGGkeys.jpg
I took a quick snapshot. As you can see it's just a strip of smooth, shiny electrical tape placed on the lip of the channel. This is just the experimental version as it obviously would look better if I cut the strip a little longer. Anyway, it works great!

Jdhiker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
love my Zaggkeys pro plus... and yes the backlight comes thru the keys perfectly i really like this keyboard, I use a sleeve now to put it in so not to get scratched..... I highly recommend !

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was sitting at MSNBC this afternoon waiting to go on. There was a roll of black tape on the table next to me. I measured out an apprappropriate length, attached it to the front edge of the channel, folded the remainder back on itself and voila! No more iPad pitching oover backward. GREAT tip! Thanks.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was sitting at MSNBC this afternoon waiting to go on. There was a roll of black tape on the table next to me. I measured out an apprappropriate length, attached it to the front edge of the channel, folded the remainder back on itself and voila! No more iPad pitching oover backward. GREAT tip! Thanks.

mine doesn't go backwards..seems it wants to fall forward.lol am typing onit now an lotsa typos:-(

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you place the iPad in the docking strip if you have a skin on the back of the iPad?
The last thing I want to do is spend ages and wrecking my hands prying off the skin every time I place the iPad in the docking strip.

Most reactions

Latest posts