ZaggFolio for iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by RickD_99, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Patrizia_NC

Patrizia_NC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I also love that this discount is not automatic but you have to call in for it. I took a screen shot of my order in case the date changes mysteriously. I also go them to expedite my shipping free

2. Todd M

Todd M
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, seems weird to me to about all of this. Not sure of the cloak and dagger stuff. I, too, have taken screenshots in case the date mysteriously changes to give them any deniability, since that seems possible given they way they have been acting so far. If they are having issues, they need to change their page to reflect it, not just the 'Contact Us' page. Kind of deceiving...

#182 Todd M, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. Patrizia_NC

Patrizia_NC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have used them for years and have never seen this type of thing. If this is some kind of new policy it's a bad one.

4. Todd M

Todd M
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. Not sure what changed but something has.

5. PaulCarleton

PaulCarleton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if my modification to the padding behind the felt had anything to do with their redesign?

Typical electronics manufacturing company deny, deny, deny and in the meantime run around like crazy behind the scenes to try to fix it. Number one response on the customer service reps checklist. "Gee, we've never heard of that one before. We'll be sure to pass that one along."

6. Patrizia_NC

Patrizia_NC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I doubt it Paul. They have been working on it since release date of the device

7. PaulCarleton

PaulCarleton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Well, I got the new iPad on the very first day. Made the modification and talked about it on all of the ZAGG blogs. They would not have started working on a solution until they started getting reports of the problem. And then at least a couple weeks into it, to verify and put a solution in place, such as modifying the foam behind the felt, as I suggested. Mitsubishi and Sony are two companies that are well aware of the modifications I've made to their products in the past and implemented those mods in their products. ZAGG employees read this website as well as others.

#187 PaulCarleton, Apr 9, 2012
  8. Zevo

Zevo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I can confirm that the replacement folio now fits the New iPad, yet I still get some deep impressions from the rubber protecting strips on the keyboard. I do have a Zagg skin on the from and back which may be causing the excessive pressure on the screen. I am not really happy with this design. Key is nice.

9. Todd M

Todd M
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You would think that the front and back shields would have nothing to do with the fit. Can you take pics so we can see what the pads are doing to the front Invisible Shield? If its doing great damage then I might have to get a refund (whenever I actually get it). I thought this was part of the fix that they were doing. Doesn't make sense that their design would damage their other installed product.

#189 Todd M, Apr 9, 2012
  10. paulvalerio

paulvalerio
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I uploaded an updated review of the Zaggfolio here

Also I will upload pics of the screen protector damage.

#190 paulvalerio, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014