What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg or Ghost Armor

FrankP99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need some protection on my new iPad2. Which is better - Zagg or Ghost Armor? Why?

Thanks

Frank

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally enjoy zagg for the fact that you can get another replacement for a couple bucks (shipping) to replace the old dirty ugly one in a couple of months! That's why I would take zagg! I'm not sure if the other company does a similar offer, but either one will be a great choice. I have seen them both and both handle the job well.

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer BestSkinsEver.com. I have found them to always have the best cut and are priced lower than Zagg.

Some devices are not so simple like the iPad 2, but for other devices they also offer more protection. Devices with flat sides, they always come with side pieces.

Just an example, on a Nexus 1 phone the Zagg came in like 6 pieces. It looked terrible IMO. The BestSkinsEver came in 2 and covered more.

Packaging is not as fancy but the product is better.

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim the "sleepless" Scot, I believe posted this one. The only back skin I have seen that breaks it down by 3G Verizon, and 3G AT&T, and non-3G WiFi.

iPad 2 Skin

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zagg...it's the best quality...it might get dirty but grab a microfiber cloth and clean it...you should anyways...plus it still looks better than dirty prints on the actual device (zaggs finger print resistance stuff works better than apple's oleophobic coating...)

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had both zagg and ghost and I prefer ghost. I feel my finger glides better on it and it is more durable. My Zagg peeled off my first iPad and the kiosk I bought it from in the mall was gone when I went for a replacement.

Suzy25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used a Moshi screen protector? I have it onmy macbook pro and itis great. Wondering about ipad2. There is good feedback about it online . Would love to hear firsthand. I am new here also do Hi!

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg is horrible on touch screen devices. If you just want to protect the back then it's OK, but there are better options out there. If you want to use one of these skins on the screen then I would recommend Phantomskinz, and have also heard good things about Ghost Armor and Wrapsol. Phantomskinz is similar to Zagg, but they add a clear coat that gives it a much smoother feel, where Zagg has a much tackier feel and takes away from the touch screen experience.

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had Zagg on my 1 and last Friday I had Ghost Armor put on my 2 front and back and I like the Ghost much better than the Zagg. Only problem? It's on the expensive side.

OP
F

FrankP99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does the iPad handle those that use water to apply? I would be afraid of water entering the device.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

zan5hin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used a Moshi screen protector? I have it onmy macbook pro and itis great. Wondering about ipad2. There is good feedback about it online . Would love to hear firsthand. I am new here also do Hi!

I have had the Moshi on my iPad since I got it 5 months ago, it is really fantastic. I was so sick of hard to apply covers, this one just slides on and instead of having little bubbles, it is like one giant bubble over the whole screen, which actually works perfectly. Got used to the feel of it in a few days, and it really does help diffuse sunlight or other sources of reflection.

I have half a mind to cut the black border down to size to fit the iPad 2 when I hunt one down, because I know how good it is, and there is no guarantee I can find one that is so easy to apply.

Final word: I would not use an iPad without the Moshi iVisor.

Most reactions