What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg/mate Sometimes Creates Unbidden [U] [/U], [I] [/I] and [B] [/B] Characters

El_Roto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seemingly without warning the above HTML commands appear when they are keyed while the caps lock is on. The mystery is that it's not all the time; it was happening last week but now it is fine.

I can only assume there is a command sequence on the keyboard that turns this feature on/off but I don't know what it is and a great deal of searching has come up empty. It is my great hope that someone here knows or this or - even better - a manual for this keyboard beyond the four pages that came with it.

Eternally grateful.

Steve "El_Roto" G.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As the originator of that thread, and to save you a LOT of reading (unless, of course, you like reading ... and have plenty of popcorn, as Marie suggested) may I recommend you skip to the last few pages, where you'll find a couple of Zagg employees (one of whom is ZAGG02, I believe). They appear to be very willing to help out with any issues people have with the Zaggmate keyboard.

Once you find their names, if you don't want to post in the thread, I'd recommend you PM them and see what they can do to help. Again, they are a very friendly bunch there at Zagg - I'm sure they'll help.

I've not had this issue with my Zagg keyboard, BTW. So, yours may just be a "one-off" issue...

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This happens to me when I have caps lock on. For example, when I have caps lock on and I press the letter "I" in caps lock on or a "B" or a "U", then WHEN THE SPECFC S PRESSED, OR OR Y OCCRS THESE CARACTERS APPEAR. However, this will not happen if I press the shift key down and TYPE AN "I" OR A "U" OR A "B"

I think this is designed this way.

Most reactions

Latest posts