1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Zagg InvisiShield

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by T6D16C84, Dec 19, 2010.

1. T6D16C84

T6D16C84 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just picked up an ipad today and am looking at screen protection. I am looking at the Zagg Invisible Shield. My only concern is with screen responsiveness. Will I notice the screen being any less responsive with the zagg shield as opposed to a non protected screen?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. toasty_hoodie

toasty_hoodie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Zagg isn't less responsive than any other.
  3. T6D16C84

T6D16C84 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    so regardless I will suffer some responsiveness if I put a screen protector on?
  4. Blackbelt

Blackbelt iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Yes. Many have old me that including Apple employees.
  5. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    People say that you don't need a screen protector

On an iPad because the glass is hard enough to withstand scratches. But some people say that the glass can be scratched and they would rather scratch a shield than the glass itself.

The way I see it? I'd rather err on the screen protected side than on the keep it naked side. I have an invisible shield on my iPad and I have not noticed any difference between having it on or off in terms of responsiveness to my finger touch.

And those aforementioned, presumably expert Apple employees? One told me that if Apple doesn't offer a specific product for it's devices it is not necessary. However, he owned an iPad and he has a screen protector on his--"just in case."
  6. BrennB

BrennB iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I use a zagg screen protector on all my devices.. there is no issue with responsiveness. About the only issue is a little tacky (VERY little) feel rather than the slick slick feel without a screen. It doesn't affect performance and if you put it on straight away you don't know the "other" feel to worry about comparing. :)
  7. dupont2005

dupont2005 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I bought the cheapest screen protector I could find and put it on before I even used my iPad. The screen responds just fine. My main problem is getting the screen on without getting a speck of dust trapped underneath leaving a big ugly bubble behind. I think my screen came out to about $5 for three. The Zagg protector is like $20. Is it really worth it? Also, is it easier to put on?
  8. Blackbelt

Blackbelt iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Just visit an apple retail store and watch how many people touch and feel their iPads on display. None of them have screen protecters. Apple does not sell screen protections as it may cause non responsiveness , not to mention it looks bad and tacky. Nothing is like feeling the glass with no bubbles and wrinkles either on or off.
  9. zorah

zorah iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I have the Zagg and it is just fine. Nice and responsive, keeps fingerprints smudges at a minimum and all. I have a regular crystal clear screen protector on my iPhone.
    It is a personal preference. Many opt not to use screen protectors. I always have chosen to on every PDA/Treo/WM phone and now iPad. worth it to me.
  10. SBHOKC

SBHOKC iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am about to put screen protectors on both of mine. The cat used my wifes as a Launch pad and put a very tiny scratch on the glass. I have screen protectors on everything else I use and they do there job. After all these are investments and I would like to protect mine as best as I can.
  11. zorah

zorah iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    SBHOKC makes a good point. These are investments. That's why I protect mine too. LOL, I too have a cat and he would clearly think nothing of sitting on mine! That's why it is in a Targus Truss cover closed at all times when not in use, and but one of the reasons why I have a screen protector when I am using it. Even so, I just don't feel it is worth the chance on such expensive electronics!
  12. Linkreincarnate

Linkreincarnate iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you ever plan on reselling it buy the screen protector. If not it doesn't really matter.
  13. Benm1020

Benm1020 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On amazon you can get it for 11$ plus shipping. For the front only
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038BZ8W8/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=]Amazon.com: ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for Apple iPad (Front): Electronics[/ame]
  14. HST

HST iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use Zagg on everything I have. I love them. The install stuff that comes with them is nothing compared to the installation kit that BestBuy has for them. It's worth the $7 or $8 they charge to install the shield for you.
  15. dupont2005

dupont2005 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for the tip, I didn't know Best Buy would install it for me. I thought of having the Apple store do it but I didn't think the guy working there could do any better than me.
  16. Rakuen

Rakuen iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Apple salesperson I purchased mine from wouldn't install the ZAGG, thankfully there was a ZAGG kiosk located within walking distance. It was no more than $10, and the guy there was real nice and had it done within 10 minutes. What a fantastic job too! No bubbles or anything!

The one complaint I had was the employee who thought this would be okay.. some potential customer walked up, was talking to him, and the ZAGG emp. lets this customer handle my iPad. Didn't last more than a minute but I would of figured it would be common sense. I just bought it and with the Apple store not but a couple minutes away he should of recommended him there. After all, the InvisiShield wasn't even on my iPad yet. He was just getting it ready to go.

Again, that's the only complaint.. left a bad taste in my mouth but it's more of bad sales practice than a complaint against the actual product.

I do have to warn though, I took my iPad out of the Apple case a day ago.. and noticed a blue colored substance that's literally in the plastic of the shield. It's all over the forums and google so just a fair warning. I will be taking a trip to the mall to ZAGG to get it replaced. Not sure if I need to pick up a new case or not, don't want the same thing happening again. Here's to hoping it didn't stain my iPad, but from what I've read it doesn't.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  17. dazeek

dazeek iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    anyone notice text blurring with screen protector

I just ran to at&t yesterday and had the rep put my case mate screen protector on my ipad (both were xmas gifts). With the screen protector on my text is blurred. Things that were crystal clear are now almost impossible to read. Was wondering if it's just case mates protector or if this happens with them all? My boyfriend paid $30 just for the screen protector. I hate to just rip it off but I cant stand it!!!!
  18. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well, I think "almost impossible to read" is a bit of an exaggeration. I use an anti-glare screen myself (but not from Case Mate) since I use my device extensively both indoors and outdoors, and I don't really notice the "bluriness" at all.

There are different kinds of screen protector you can choose from, e.g. mirrored surface, privacy protector, anti-glare/anti-fingerprint, etc If you are putting an anti-glare screen (like the one from Case Mate), inevitably you will lose some crispness in the clarity of the image by virtue of exactly what it's designed to do.
  19. dazeek

dazeek iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Perhaps I should have not said impossible but to me it is because I suffer from migraines about 15 days a month. With a migraine the blurred effect made the migraine much worse. Thank you for your response. I am going to look for a clear screen protector one that I know it was the antiiglare causing the effect.
  20. toasty_hoodie

toasty_hoodie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With a Zagg Anti Glare, the screen has a rainbow effect. It's horrible. Probably the worst screen protector on the market. But the Power Support and RadTech Anti Glare shields are perfect