What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg Invisibleshield Dilemma

BrianL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I purchased an Invisibleshield at a store for the screen of the iPad 2. Apparently it was the newly cut version because all of the holes lined up perfectly. The install went good, but there was this.. I guess I can call it an imperfection on the screen. I called Zagg and they said they would replace it. So, I got the new one tonight, and I noticed it was cut a little different. The new one has the U shaped cut out around the Home buttom. I have a feeling this is the first version of the iPad 2 screen protector because as I started to install it, and line it up, it was off just a little. Well, I actually installed this perfectly! No dust, no nothing, it looks great. It's a little off near the Home button. It over hangs a little bit. So I am kind of disappointed with that. not sure why they would send me the version that does not align right. They also sent me a bottle of shield spray.. with no solution inside. Luckily, I had an extra bottle lying around. I plan on calling them and hopefully they will do something else for me, instead of sending me a new protector. I am going to go with it since it looks amazing. Anyone have an issue like this before? I have a few pictures that will show how it looks.

Attachments

• IMG00035-20110430-1710.jpg
    IMG00035-20110430-1710.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG00036-20110430-1710.jpg
    IMG00036-20110430-1710.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 552

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I bought one on release day when I bought my iPad 2 and had Best Buy install it. It wasn't until after I got home I noticed a giant smudge on the glass underneath and large bits of dust around the edges (not to mention the holes not lining up). I took it off, returned it and bought a new one. I tried to install this one myself, but the solution bottle hardly sprayed and I couldn't get enough on there to do any good so off it came. I returned that one, went to a different Best Buy and actually sat with the tech dude to watch him install my new one. He couldn't get the holes to line up right so he called over his supervisor who noticed how bad he had stretched it out and told him to go get a new one off the rack. She pulled out this giant kit full of bottles and squeegees and went to town. Thing came out perfect.
So yeah, I'm on Zagg #4.

OP
B

BrianL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have received the back Invisible shield and now my iPad is fully protected from scratches. The back looks perfect. The front looks fantastic minus the light over hang on the home button. No dust. No cloudiness. It just looks great. Always have been happy with the IS and this time is no different.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the_john said:
I feel your pain. I bought one on release day when I bought my iPad 2 and had Best Buy install it. It wasn't until after I got home I noticed a giant smudge on the glass underneath and large bits of dust around the edges (not to mention the holes not lining up). I took it off, returned it and bought a new one. I tried to install this one myself, but the solution bottle hardly sprayed and I couldn't get enough on there to do any good so off it came. I returned that one, went to a different Best Buy and actually sat with the tech dude to watch him install my new one. He couldn't get the holes to line up right so he called over his supervisor who noticed how bad he had stretched it out and told him to go get a new one off the rack. She pulled out this giant kit full of bottles and squeegees and went to town. Thing came out perfect.
So yeah, I'm on Zagg #4.

Yes. That happened to me. I sat there watched the lady at best buy put it in. And I let her know when I was satisfied.

Jet noise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright I just installed one myself and I'm happy with the way it turned out. Except for one thing: the screen cover peels up in the corners from the case I use. I'll keep using the case and throw away the screen protector if I can't find a solution. Any one else do this? How did you fix it?

sonicyouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can stand in your shoes....this happened to me as well. most importantly, I can't stand for its sticky touch feel.... absolutely hate it...

Most reactions