What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg invisible Shield Questions(Part 2)

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got some last final questions about the Zagg invisible Shield.
1. Will the screen protector reduce the brightness?

2. Does your finger slide smoothly across the Invisible Shield?

3. Is the front piece and the back piece the same thing?(Wondering because if it is the excact same then maybe I could use 2 fronts for the whole body, since nearby store only sells screen protector.)

If you can answer any of these questions it will be greatly appreciated.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. No difference that I can tell
2. Yup. it feels slightly tacky, but slides fine for me.
3. I think they are the same . . . BUT the screen cover does have the small hole perforation for the Home button.
(The back SHOULD be very slightly larger, but I think they are the same size.)

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah you get a slight sticky feel buy docent effect the side. I actually think itmakes it better for me to use e keyboard sort of like a grip. And it does not reduce brightness i could see if you had one for two years, but you can replace whenever you want.

OP
I

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but I would probably have someone at Best-Buy install it for me. Since if they mess up then they will pay for a new one.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
i have a Ghost armor, basicly the same thing but by a different company.
its great.

1 yes
2 no
3 yes but not same size.

I would go to your local mall. They are all now starting to have invisishield or ghost armor stands where they will install it for you right there on the spot.

OP
I

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't know that, is the coupon for a full body?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Thanks, but I would probably have someone at Best-Buy install it for me. Since if they mess up then they will pay for a new one.
you can still have them install it even if you bought it elsewhere

I wouldnt, they dont know what they are doing and everyone that I know who has had someone at bestbuy or apple apply one has ended up with bubbles on the screen. The guys in the mall do it all day long.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put it on myself and yes, there some tiny bubbles but after about three days they aren't there anymore.

OP
I

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can still have them install it even if you bought it elsewhere

I wouldnt, they dont know what they are doing and everyone that I know who has had someone at bestbuy or apple apply one has ended up with bubbles on the screen. The guys in the mall do it all day long.
The people at Best-Buy will do it, and if it starts to peel or have air bubbles within 1-month then they will give you a new one for free that they will install. But I think that they will only do the shields they have there in their store.

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
The Zagg skin is different in that if it gets a scratch, somehow in about 24 hours, it actually heals itself. Kind of amazing really. It's a little pricey, but considering it leaves the screen crystal clear and protects like a full case, while still allowing you to use in docks, makes it worthwhile. :)

Piko

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
If anyone is looking for a different kind of screen protector and doesn't like the feel of Zagg, I've been using Steinheil Crystal on my Droid Incredible and iPod Touch. The only thing that sucks about it is that it doesn't have the "self healing" quality that the Zagg does, but feels VERY similar to the real glass and gives an excellent appearance when applied. You really can't tell it's there. It also used static instead of adhesive to apply to the screen so if you change your mind, it's easier to remove and clean up.

OP
I

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will BestBuy install it even if I purchase one on their website?

Most reactions

Latest posts