What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg invisible shield on ipad 2

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The cover work with no problem, what I did to my cover was, I centered the camera and then I let the home button be off. Still a pain for me because I want this perfect but it do the job for now until they fix the situation.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday Best Buy told me Zagg had a quick fix for the camera hole miss alignment. And could correct it, plus they were offering free installation

White ipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered a body guardz full body with ups 3 day shipping should have it buy wednesday and then I can take this zagg back to best buy and get my money back they should take it back even if I used it and if not I already emailed zagg and will have them send me one for free and I will have a back up

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Stem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some people would write off these accessories as "trivial",that's what I used to think. I never really thought there would be any need for a scratch protector. But then I decided to get one for myself, I chose InvisibleShield. I was concerned about the air bubbles, but another frustrating thing was getting the protective layer to actually align with my iPad and look neat around the side. It was so off mark on my ipad.

If they're going to make these protective scratch layers, they need to make them compatible with the device they are being used for, otherwise there is no point of using it. That is one problem with InvisibleShield, I also got one for my phone, and it didn't seem to fit well on my phone with overlapping areas, and sides that just came up too short, and it was made for my phone's model. I didn't think I will have that much trouble with these accessories, but now I've seen that many of them are no more than trivial "extras".

Not only are some of them rubbish in trying to install, but also unworkable in application. The so-called scratch proofing of InvisibleShield is just unrealistic, as I didn't see a single advantageous trait in its film layer. All in all, it's nothing more than a trivial "extra", which should not be taken seriously as some kind of enhancement.

On a lighter note, some scratch protectors are decent enhancements, like Gagdetshieldz, which really provided protection to my iPad, and allowed for a sustainable, unblemished look, free from marks. That's the difference between an "extra" and an enhancement.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I LOVE my full body shield from Zagg. There was an issue with the first model where the camera hole on the front piece as misaligned, but that has been fixed. It went on very easily (use extra solution to center it and then squeegee out the bubbles) on both sides, and 24 hours later it was set, bubbles gone, and used every day with out issue. I had one on my original iPad, one on my Droid Incredible, on all our iPod Touches, and soon to have one on my yet-to-be-purchased Thunderbolt.

I swear by Zagg Invisible Shields.

electron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I LOVE my full body shield from Zagg. There was an issue with the first model where the camera hole on the front piece as misaligned, but that has been fixed. It went on very easily (use extra solution to center it and then squeegee out the bubbles) on both sides, and 24 hours later it was set, bubbles gone, and used every day with out issue. I had one on my original iPad, one on my Droid Incredible, on all our iPod Touches, and soon to have one on my yet-to-be-purchased Thunderbolt.

I swear by Zagg Invisible Shields.

There seems to be a few people complaining about how soon the Zagg IS protectors start peeling off by themselves. Have you experienced that? Would you think it was due to improper application?

mendezpenate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me add; I have had zagg covers on my iPhone for a few years. I have installed them with much care. The large flat segments that cover the front tend to last longer. The smaller sections that wrap around corners etc. peel off fairly quickly and you have to cut them off. The covers do protect the front fairly well. Eventually -within 6-8 months the corners of the front cover do begin to turn brown and you have to trim those off. I have decided not to purchase a Zagg cover for my new iPad2.

Most reactions