What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You've Got Mail

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've received this poem twice so far, and it always includes the comment that it was written by a girl which has or had cancer, and her greatest wish was that this poem/email gets forwarded to as many people as possible.

This information isn't right. It was written by Dr. David L. Weatherford. I like the poem in spite of the misinformation. So I'll post it now:

SLOW DANCE

Have you ever watched kids on a merry-go-round,
or listened to rain slapping the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight,
or gazed at the sun fading into the night?

You better slow down, don't dance so fast,
time is short, the music won't last.

Do you run through each day on the fly,
when you ask "How are you?", do you hear the reply?

When the day is done, do you lie in your bed,
with the next hundred chores running through your head?

Ever told your child, we'll do it tomorrow,
and in your haste, not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch, let a friendship die,
'cause you never had time to call and say hi?

When you run so fast to get somewhere,
you miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,
it's like an unopened gift thrown away.

Life isn't a race, so take it slower,
hear the music before your song is over.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Diane sent this email to me today. It's titled "10 Lessons I've learned in this Life".
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since you are asleep Johanna, I guess I have to do my own work! I just hope it works!

Subject: Painted Stairs
Take a look at these seventeen astounding staircases from all around the world. Their bright colors, fantastic patterns, and detailed images are sure to wow you. They’re all amazing works, many of which could be displayed on a wall (miniaturized, of course).
While some were painted by artists, the best part is that many are collaborative efforts by local communities who worked together to create something beautiful.
So enjoy these photos of some truly miraculous stairs. They’ll leave you wishing you could walk up masterpieces like that all the time.
1. San Francisco , California
These tiled stairs run up a total of 163 steps at 16th and Moraga Street in San Francisco . Over 300 neighborhoods joined in to create the spectacle, leading to an Sabsolutely beautiful result.
2. Valparaiso , Chile
In Valparaiso , Chile , you can walk up a flight of piano-like stairs. It’s just too bad you can’t play a tune too.
3. Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
3.-Philadelphia-Museum-of-Art-17-Beautifully-Painted-Stairs-From-All-Over-The-World.-7-Is-Insane.jpg

Not all art is contained in between walls at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. These steps were fantastically painted for a Salvador Dali exhibition in 2005 and are a masterpiece in themselves.
4. Valparaiso , Chile
This staircase is another beautiful display of art in Valparaiso , Chile . The detail of the houses and the ocean views is absolutely stunning.
5. Seoul , South Korea
5.-Seoul-South-Korea-17-Beautifully-Painted-Stairs-From-All-Over-The-World.-7-Is-Insane.jpg

In Seoul , South Korea is this amazing flight of steps. Colorful koi fish are painted in orange, red, and yellow tones that stand out against the very vibrant blue hue of the stairs.
6. Wuppertal , Germany
Wuppertal, Germany is home to a set of 112 steps that are known as the Holsteiner Stairs. With the wide array of bright colors, it’s almost like walking on a rainbow. The stairs also feature a collection of powerful German words painted on them, which translate to English phrases like, “to forgive”, “innocence”, “cause”, and “to laugh."
7. Sicily , Italy
7.-Sicily-Italy-17-Beautifully-Painted-Stairs-From-All-Over-The-World.-7-Is-Insane.jpg

This historic staircase in Italy was constructed in 1608 and is made up of many ceramic tiles. It’s been used as a backdrop for plenty of festivals and images are illustrated using thousands of flowers or candles.
8. Rio de Janeiro , Brazil
The detail on these Rio de Janeiro steps are insane. The face looks so life-like and the eyes practically stare straight through you.
9. Beirut , Lebanon
In Beirut , Lebanon you can find these steps painted in a rainbow of colors that resemble piano keys. There’s almost a kind of rugged beauty about them.
10. Seoul , South Korea
These beautiful painted stairs aren’t just for show; walking up them will lead you to a musical theatre in South Korea . The painting of the woman is stunning, the contrasting black, white, and bright pink colors making for an eye catching effect.
11. Stairs of Peace in Syria
11.-Stairs-of-Peace-in-Syria-17-Beautifully-Painted-Stairs-From-All-Over-The-World.-7-Is-Insane.jpg

Syrian students painted a fantastic pattern on the longest staircase in their town with some very vibrant colors. They hoped that the display would produce joyful feelings in the locals who were undergoing hardships.
12. Rio de Janeiro , Brazil
This world famous staircase, known as Escadaria Selaron, was painted by a Chilean artist.
13. Angers , France
13.-Angers-France-17-Beautifully-Painted-Stairs-From-All-Over-The-World.-7-Is-Insane.jpg

These steps in France were part of an amazing origami street art exhibit. The way the paper creations color the steps is stunning and surreal-like
14. Istanbul , Turkey
Istanbul-Turkey-17-Beautifully-Painted-Stairs-From-All-Over-The-World.-7-Is-Insane.jpg

This bright rainbow staircase in Istanbul is nothing short of astounding.
15. Morlaix , France
In Morlaix , France , you can walk up these steps that double as an amazing piece of art work. The painting of the woman is fantastic and, even with neutral tones, it still stands out in a breath taking way.
16. Tehran , Iran
16.-Tehran-Iran-17-Beautifully-Painted-Stairs-From-All-Over-The-World.-7-Is-Insane.jpg

This floral stairway in Iran is simply stunning, with beautiful floral designs and a neat layered look.
17. Beirut , Lebanon
17.-Beirut-Lebanon-17-Beautifully-Painted-Stairs-From-All-Over-The-World.-7-Is-Insane.jpg

You can’t help but smile when looking at these brightly colored steps in Lebanon .

IS that COOL OR WHAT! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!!!!!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, in that case I do need your help! I wanted Sandra to see it the next time she checks in! So, if you know which one's are missing, because those are the only one's I received, please add them in your own post! Thanks, [emoji56][emoji170]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, in that case I do need your help! I wanted Sandra to see it the next time she checks in! So, if you know which one's are missing, because those are the only one's I received, please add them in your own post! Thanks, [emoji56][emoji170]

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2
So you didn't receive all the pictures with your email?

I'll try, perhaps I can find and post them.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I only received 9 photo's but 17 descriptions! I will look to! Thanks! Always!

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
San Francisco:
image.jpg

Valparaiso, Chile:
image.jpg

And
image.jpg

Wuppertal, Germany:
image.jpg

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil:
image.jpg

Beirut, Lebanon:
image.jpg

Seoul, South Korea:
image.jpg

Once more: Rio de Janeiro
image.jpg

Morlaix, France:
image.jpg

They are in the order they're missing.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Johanna, I'm the one that needs to help you? Unc uh!

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
image.jpg
missed some or duplicated, my cat is sleeping on my reading glasses, she woke up grumpy so I won't disturb her! It is for the best! She sharpens her claws everyday on a log outside the back door![emoji79][emoji4][emoji41][emoji172]

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, here are the one's I missed I hope!:po_O:rolleyes::D My main emotions are these ones! these]
image.jpg
This is my fav! The need for speed!
febb4eebd009af18a8e4c36276367bf8.jpg
890921decd890217086df7325ba964e9.jpg
d60255dd0731180f12b9d9618cb9ca06.jpg
9d4f8dfc17395ff11354c702793ed189.jpg
8276deb411a738b4054b0ea995d9b35a.jpg
fe1310ca20bf8c5752cd34e2c8617383.jpg
a32bd5f6e6af8161dca6adf3c359b031.jpg
fdd72b96005ef274b2b1d14b9a3d7a6d.jpg
58abd1c255561f703ecbc041e6130be6.jpg
2bc8b01486e592d7b99385a67a3b9398.jpg

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This email (from Diane) has no pictures, but only text:

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Kahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Kahoots with someone.

I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.

I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my children, friends, family and work.

I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.

I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.

I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.

Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.

One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!

Most reactions

Latest posts