You've Got Mail

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by leelai, Jan 2, 2014.

1. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    AND NOW FOR OUR WINE CONNOISSEURS.........................Enjoy!!

image-2408752641.jpg

image-1994747614.jpg

image-3412828534.jpg

image-666330191.jpg

image-2687989595.jpg

image-1089440689.jpg

image-485042641.jpg

image-380854263.jpg

image-3729399974.jpg

image-2466711274.jpg

image-875208102.jpg

image-125075289.jpg

image-270399382.jpg

image-1826917471.jpg

2. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Had a good laugh from this lot, thanks leelai! Loved the secret of enjoying a good wine and the one about needing glasses:)
    Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

3. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Glad you like them Andrew!

I had quite a few laughs myself!! I know which glasses I'd rather have!! :D

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I liked these as well, and wine aerobics. :-D

#134 J. A., Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  5. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I think this email is for women only, but it's funny, so I'll post it here. (Thank you, Diane! :))
    This is just the text. There are a few nice gifs too, which I don't include.

Happy IVGLDSW Day!

Today is International Very Good Looking, Damn Smart Woman's Day. And remember this motto to live by: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming 'WOOO HOOOOO what a ride!'

To the Girls !!

Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what the hell happened.
    ~ Cora Harvey Armstrong ~

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
    ~ Unknown~

The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy.
    ~ Helen Hayes (at 73)~

I refuse to think of them as chin hair. I think of them as stray eyebrows.
    ~ Janette Barb er~

Old age ain't no place for sissies.
    ~Bette Davis~

Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.
    ~ Caryn Leschen ~

If you can't be a good example ~ then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
    ~Catherine~

I'm not going to vacuum until Sears makes one you can ride on.
    ~Roseanne Barr~

Behind every successful man is a surprised woman
    ~Maryon Pearson~

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt~

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

6. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol.....That is very good! With some great quotes!

I like it!! ;)

7. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Me too! :)

8. squib

squib
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Johnna! Only one and a half days to wait!

9. squib

squib
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    A letter from the Post Office... This is absolutely the best!! We don't know who replied, but there is a beautiful soul working in the dead letter department who understands LOVE............................ Our 14-year-old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away my 4-year-old daughter Meredith was Crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to Heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought that we could, so she dictated these words: Dear God, Will you please take care of my dog? Abbey died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I 'm happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick. I hope you will play with her. She likes to swim and play with balls. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her you will know that she is my dog. I really miss her. Love, Meredith We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey & Meredith, Addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she Said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had. Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch Addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God In its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note: Dear Meredith, Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help and I Recognized her right away. Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to Keep your picture in so I'm sending it back to you in this little book for You to keep and have something to remember Abbey by. Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you Write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I'm easy to find. I am wherever there is love. Love, God Don't say you're too busy to forward this. Just do it. This is a true story, except that the above photo is not the real girl and her dog. Check it out on Snopes below. http://www.snopes.com/glurge/abbey.asp image-1362114387.jpg

Attached Files:

#139 squib, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  10. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Lovely story Squib!

What a truly wonderful act someone has done for this child! :)