What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube

mellyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to download a YouTube vid to Keynotes?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not easily, and not directly.

You have to get the video into the Photos app, which means you have to put it in folder/album that syncs through the iTunes Photo sync settings on a computer. The original video may not be compatible, so you may have to convert it first. Once you've done that, and can see it in Photos, then you can use the usual Media import in Keynote to place it in a presentation.

I'd give you more details, but I've only done it with iMovie and Quicktime files myself, so I'm not sure how to go about downloading and converting a Youtube video.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mellyman said:
Is there a way to download a YouTube vid to Keynotes?

TagDisk HD+ from the app store will download and convert to mp4 on the fly directly on the ipad....then I think it will allow you to save to camera roll....after downloaded...or may have to sync up to pc.

kjsre74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TagDisk HD+ from the app store will download and convert to mp4 on the fly directly on the ipad....then I think it will allow you to save to camera roll....after downloaded...or may have to sync up to pc.
The new version of Tagdisk hd can't do so anymore after the update. Keep the older version if u still hang on with it.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the new version number on TagDiskHD+?

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FoxrealVideo said:
you may try Youtube flv downloader pro, which is a downloader and converter to help you downloading and converting YouTube FLV videos or other Internet videos from YouTube, Google, MSN, Facebook, Veoh, Boxee, NBA, ABC, Fox and more video-sharing websites with fast downloading and conversion speed. If you are interested, you may have a try

But the above application is not in the Ap Store.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would just like to get one of my converted movies that runs fine on my Mac Pro to run on my iPad. I was told to get it into iTunes but getting it there seems to be my problem.

baanestad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would just like to get one of my converted movies that runs fine on my Mac Pro to run on my iPad. I was told to get it into iTunes but getting it there seems to be my problem.

I got a free program to convert the videos and I now have pretty much any movie I want on the iPad. Can't remember the name, but if you google it, you will find something for sure. Otherwise I'll look it up for you. :)

OP
mellyman

mellyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have searched everywhere, and still cannot find a good source to download a Youtube video directly to my ipad so I can embed it in a Keynote presentation. HELP

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mellyman said:
I have searched everywhere, and still cannot find a good source to download a Youtube video directly to my ipad so I can embed it in a Keynote presentation. HELP
There are several applications available to download You Tube videos. But You Tube thinks they own the personal videos that peeps upload there and with that being wrote does not allow downloading videos.

I would think that uploaded videos are for public domain there for sound be downloadable.

Last edited:

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think that uploaded videos are for public domain there for sound be downloadable.

Uploading something doesn't take away the rights the creator has on it, except those that are granted specifically for the purpose of allowing the site (YouTube in this case) to properly function.

Theoretically, a content creator can release their content under a license that is essentially the same as making it public domain if they wish, but few do.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joeyteel said:
Uploading something doesn't take away the rights the creator has on it, except those that are granted specifically for the purpose of allowing the site (YouTube in this case) to properly function.

Theoretically, a content creator can release their content under a license that is essentially the same as making it public domain if they wish, but few do.

Since that is the case and I believe you are correct then how can You Tube stop the downloading of videos?

Most reactions

Latest posts