What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube Videos

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a reason why some YouTube videos will load and play and some won't?
I have several YouTube videos in my favorites but cannot seem to load this one in particular (
) I hope I'm not breaking any rules by pasting that site

But anyway - I would like to put that in my favorites on my ipad2 but it just won't load.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I tried to play it it said that the content owner has not made it available on mobile devices. I've seen this a few times myself.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a reason why some YouTube videos will load and play and some won't?
I have several YouTube videos in my favorites but cannot seem to load this one in particular. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by pasting that site

But anyway - I would like to put that in my favorites on my ipad2 but it just won't load.
Thank you
It all depends on how the video was encoded and uploaded. Although newer videos will generally play on the iPad, YouTube still has a lot of Flash based videos (although they're working on converting them to HTML5). Flash based content does not play on the iPad (and the creator of Flash, Adobe, has since abandoned Flash development for all mobile devices).

There are computer applications that will allow you to download YouTube and other website video content then convert it to an iPad-friendly format. That may be what you'll need to do with this particular file if you really want to view it on your iPad.

Hope that helps!

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your quick replys and comments.
To bad, I really wanted this video. Will just have to go without I guess
Thanks again.

hardinero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
It all depends on how the video was encoded and uploaded. Although newer videos will generally play on the iPad, YouTube still has a lot of Flash based videos (although they're working on converting them to HTML5). Flash based content does not play on the iPad (and the creator of Flash, Adobe, has since abandoned Flash development for all mobile devices).

There are computer applications that will allow you to download YouTube and other website video content then convert it to an iPad-friendly format. That may be what you'll need to do with this particular file if you really want to view it on your iPad.

Hope that helps!

Is it possible from ipad after the video. I'll upload it using ipad. Is there some sort of app for this?

hardinero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Sorry, you'll need to be more detailed about what you'd like to know or do.

Say using my ipad and i just viewed a video in youtube. Can i download that using the ipad? Is that possible?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Say using my ipad and i just viewed a video in youtube. Can i download that using the ipad? Is that possible?
Got it. AFAIK not without jailbreaking your iPad. IIRC there are a couple of Cydia apps called YourTube HD and YourTube 2. If you'd like to learn more about jailbreaking your iPad, visit this area on the iPF...

iPad Hacking

Hope that helps!

hardinero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Got it. AFAIK not without jailbreaking your iPad. IIRC there are a couple of Cydia apps called YourTube HD and YourTube 2. If you'd like to learn more about jailbreaking your iPad, visit this area on the iPF...

iPad Hacking

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the headups...sigh...i'm on i0s5 and not jailbreakable..

Question, howcome i don't have the label appears in the bottom that says sent via ipad or something

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the headups...sigh...i'm on i0s5 and not jailbreakable..

Question, howcome i don't have the label appears in the bottom that says sent via ipad or something
Open the iPF App, tap on "More" in the bottom toolbar, then Settings, Forum Posting Options, Send Signature > "On".

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
:thumbs:Love this video! Sorry to show my ignorance but who are these people? A band? Just a group who got together to entertain everyone? I would love to hear more of them! Thanks for posting it! [COLOR="#008080"

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
:thumbs:Love this video! Sorry to show my ignorance but who are these people? A band? Just a group who got together to entertain everyone? I would love to hear more of them! Thanks for posting it! [COLOR="#008080"

Celtic Thunder

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Celtic Thunder

I know that band!, just haven't caught up on music for about a decade! I love country, bluegrass, blues and many other genres! If you could PM me any other bands or such, please pass it on, I'would LOVE that if you have the time!

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a reason why some YouTube videos will load and play and some won't? I have several YouTube videos in my favorites but cannot seem to load this one in particular (YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iP27eatYxE) I hope I'm not breaking any rules by pasting that site But anyway - I would like to put that in my favorites on my ipad2 but it just won't load. Thank you

FYI.........I just clicked on the video and it played fine on my iPad 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts