What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube videos keep saying "loading" while in..

Spartanclone001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I have been having an issue with my iPad lately. While in Safari, and trying to watch a YouTube video in the background, It keeps saying "loading" when I Try to play a YouTube video in the background. I am using the latest software and there does not seem to be any issues with my Internet. I was able to listen to YouTube vids in the background and surf other safari tabs just last week. Any guess as to what I can do?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could try a hard reset. You won't lose any data. Simply hold the Home and power buttons simultaneously for about ten seconds until the Apple logo shows, then let go. After a pause the iPad will restart.

OP
S

Spartanclone001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try a hard reset. You won't lose any data. Simply hold the Home and power buttons simultaneously for about ten seconds until the Apple logo shows, then let go. After a pause the iPad will restart.
No, that did not work.

Tyler_Barlow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I have been having an issue with my iPad lately. While in Safari, and trying to watch a YouTube video in the background, It keeps saying "loading" when I Try to play a YouTube video in the background. I am using the latest software and there does not seem to be any issues with my Internet. I was able to listen to YouTube vids in the background and surf other safari tabs just last week. Any guess as to what I can do?

Did you use the latest firmware version?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have just had a look on the Apple Communities Forum. It seems you are not the only one with this problem. It has been suggested the problem started with an IOS update, in which case I am sure it will be fixed. Sorry I can't help further.

danieltank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If hard reset does not work, you may need to go back to previous firmware or wait for new updates.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only software signed by Apple right now is 10.3.1. It's not possible to revert to the previous one.

danieltank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't know that. :D Why Apple release new firmware and unsign the previous so quickly?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't know that. :D Why Apple release new firmware and unsign the previous so quickly?
They do it because they want as many devices as possible to be running the latest version of iOS they are capable of. This ensures that most devices have the latest feature updates and security patches and simplifies things for app developers as they can easily optimize their apps to run best on the majority of devices.

danieltank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They do it because they want as many devices as possible to be running the latest version of iOS they are capable of. This ensures that most devices have the latest feature updates and security patches and simplifies things for app developers as they can easily optimize their apps to run best on the majority of devices.
But if older devices get upgraded and they don't work smoothly, they would get stuck there.

Most reactions

Latest posts