What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube videos do not load

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an idea!

When you restored with iTunes, after it loads the new os, it will ask you to restore from a backup. Did you try YouTube before restoring from a backup?

Before restoring from a backup, the iPad is completely stock.
I have seen things from a jailbreak carry over to a restore even when the iPad isn't jailbroken.
Like if you turn numerical wifi on with sbsettings, it carries over even to a non jailbroken state.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.......You said you had a friend who had the same problem with YouTube not loading.....What router does he/she use? When you tried another wifi hotspot....was it a public hotspot? Not sure if any business's in your area offer such service...similar to mcdonalds or Starbucks?

My guess is it's not the YouTube app but a router blocking issue...

Edit:
Or try graywolf's method as well....

Let us know results....

Last edited:
OP
F

Flynn31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My friend uses the same router. I will try and restore to factory settings again and try you tube before I restore everything else. But if I remember correctly I tried that 2 days ago and it still wouldn't work.but for the sake of it I will try again. Hoping that this time it will work! I will let you know ASAP.thanks guys, I really appreciate that.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wellll.....If graywolf's suggestion doesn't work then I suggest buying a new non-Thompson router.....I heard no complaints from belkin router owners which I use. If it doesn't work, return to store.

OP
F

Flynn31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately i restored back to factory settings and before doing anything(restore back up) i treid youtube...still the same:(
I will try the new wthompson router tomorrow (although i am sure they wont exchange it because it works with my pc)!!!!!!! Other than that i think i am going to send my ipad for a fix :( ...and wait for a month:( have to ship it back to where i bough it...God!!!
Shall i set it as a new ipad or restore from back up?
Thanks

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Flynn31 said:
Unfortunately i restored back to factory settings and before doing anything(restore back up) i treid youtube...still the same:(
I will try the new wthompson router tomorrow (although i am sure they wont exchange it because it works with my pc)!!!!!!! Other than that i think i am going to send my ipad for a fix :( ...and wait for a month:( have to ship it back to where i bough it...God!!!
Shall i set it as a new ipad or restore from back up?
Thanks

If you were to understand what he said, you do NOT need a new iPad. You need a new router that was NOT made by Thomson. Try a Belkin Router.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear netgear is good. I have a linksys though. I like them better. More options like port forwarding and stuff to get the ps3 to a nat type 2.
And wireless N is beast. :)

Badgerspot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing all is fine with your YouTube now!?

Because mine in ok now. I'm thinking that your query to cyta may have got them to check. Other that after another power out today may have reset something.

Who knows, but hopefully that's the end of it.

OP
F

Flynn31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Good news!! After calling Cyta again today i came back home and tried one last restore to factory settings. It worked!!!! I am so happy :) I don't know what happened, maybe i was doing the whole procedure wrong ?? (don't think so) but it works. As far as my internet provider is concerned...they insisted that everything was fine with the connection. Anyway its all good now. Thank you very much everyone for all your advice and help on this matter. Really appreciate it :)

Most reactions