What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube videos do not load

Flynn31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello everyone, my iPad is jail broken. Today I can search for videos but they simply won't load.I ve been trying for the last three hours but unfortunately no luck. I have also restored my iPad but nothing. I hope it's not because of the jailbreak although I don't think so because the last 3 days everything was working fine. Any ideas?
Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved your post to the Hacking section, because I think it will receive better attention there...

Tim

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So in safari or in the YouTube app?
The jailbreak wouldn't affect this unless you downloaded something bad.

We need more detail. We can't read your mind, especially through the Internet. :D

OP
F

Flynn31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the YouTube app. I can search for videos, but they won't load. After trying to load I get a message that the video cannot be loaded. Thanks

OP
F

Flynn31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem with the Internet.checked with laptop. It's all videos. The message I get is "this video cannot be played"
Thanks

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
It could be a flash video, but that hasn't been a problem since most of YT converted to a Flash/HTML5 Hybrid. BUT...It could be your internet speed where ever you are at...Or something else entirely.

OP
F

Flynn31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update:
1. I restarted the iPad. Nothing happened.
2. Restored iPad to factory settings. Nothing!
3. Uploaded my apps, restarted and still nothing!
4. Restarted the modem and contacted the Internet provider,all working fine.
5. Checked on my laptop, YouTube works fine.
I can search for videos, results are showing. I can view comments. Basically everything is working on the iPad and YouTube except the videos which cannot be played. The message that I get is "this movie cannot be played".
I am asking you, the experienced users of iPad. I am new to this device...I think I tried everything. Please if there is anything I missed let me know.
Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Update:
1. I restarted the iPad. Nothing happened.
2. Restored iPad to factory settings. Nothing!
3. Uploaded my apps, restarted and still nothing!
4. Restarted the modem and contacted the Internet provider,all working fine.
5. Checked on my laptop, YouTube works fine.
I can search for videos, results are showing. I can view comments. Basically everything is working on the iPad and YouTube except the videos which cannot be played. The message that I get is "this movie cannot be played".
I am asking you, the experienced users of iPad. I am new to this device...I think I tried everything. Please if there is anything I missed let me know.
Thanks

You are using the YouTube APP and NOT just browsing to the YouTube website, aren't you?

Can you give us a video title to search for an try?

OP
F

Flynn31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using the YouTube app. I tried the web but no luck. Please try on "feature" the video "we were the news of the world". No video will play. I tried more than 50 videos but no luck. On the other hand I opened the IMdb app and all videos and trailers play normal. :( thanks for your interest. I will be a very happy man if this gets sorted.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know what to tell you. It plays fine.
How are you connected? Wifi or 3G?

Attachments

• image-3780492584.png
    image-3780492584.png
    322 KB · Views: 333
OP
F

Flynn31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using wifi. Is there a way of reinstalling the YouTube app? Or maybe some settings that I need to alter?
Thanks

OP
F

Flynn31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping this thread again but I am really stuck here. After I restored my iPad to it's factory settings the problem with you tube (both the app and the web through safari) still won't show any videos. Everything else works fine. I jailbreak my iPad but restores everything back to normal with the new update. Do you thing that a damage is done to the iOS and although I restored everything to factory setting the problem is still there? Come on people you are the only guys who can help. I am so disappointed. YouTube was playing fine until yesterday:( I am counting on your experience to solve this. I cannot take it to an apple store because there is store in my country.
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts