What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

youtube(the usual culprit) won't fully load any videos

vuejaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for 2 days now, my wife's ipad won't fully load youtube videos. you can choose the video but it just spins and spins. i can access the same videos via my ipad so this is just strictly hers. i told her i can try deleting youtube and then reinstalling it but i received a warning that it would delete all of her saved subscriptions and data. she doesn't want that to happen.

i just tried again to load a small, 6 minute, video and after 10minutes it just spins and never loads up. could there be some sort of cache that i can't find that would clean up youtube?

frustrating as it seems she only has problems with youtube as mail, safari, everything else works fine over the internet.

thanks,
mikeB.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you select "History" in Youtube, and then tap the trash icon at the top right, everything that has been watched before will be removed.

If she's signed in to Youtube, her subscriptions will be there again, after removing the app from her device and installing it again. All she needs to do, is sign in again.

OP
V

vuejaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
after unplugging the router and turning it back on, clearing safari's cache and history, clearing youtube's cache and history, yours is the only one that worked! thank you J.A.!!!!!
When you select "History" in Youtube, and then tap the trash icon at the top right, everything that has been watched before will be removed.

If she's signed in to Youtube, her subscriptions will be there again, after removing the app from her device and installing it again. All she needs to do, is sign in again.

Most reactions

Latest posts