What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube problems!

Ruby65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried the app as well as going in through Safari and in both cases the same things happen. I choose an item, it
takes forever to download and then when I start watching it, it runs maybe one minute and stops. If I press play it may
run for another minute if I am lucky.
I have a lot of memory but maybe my settings are incorrect.
Within the settings there no longer is a YouTube listed?
This has just happened in the last few weeks?
Thanks for any help

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, it depends on the video you are downloading - HD does it all the time. I can run SpeedTest while YouTube is stuttering and see greater than 20 MB download speed. The servers for YouTube are 'stingy' and hedging against people not finishing a video, they don't want to waste bandwidth. It really bothers me when it happens and if you pause it will download for a limited time before waiting to see if you are going to start watching. After a certain point most videos will start downloading faster.

Most reactions