What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube issues?? Doesn't play after awhile

Bustanut666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Got my ipad mini. Everything seems ok except for YouTube. After I play a few videos on YouTube then I go to another video. When I hit the play button the video won't play. Tried stock safari browser and other browsers. Same issue?? I would have to kill the running browser for it to start playing more videos. Anyone have this issue? Already tried rebooting. And did the apple update that came ota. Has happened at least 5 separate times already in last 2 days. Getting frustrated because I use youtube the most.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bustanut666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. I can duplicate same issue every time. Seems like 3's the unlucky number for me. Open safari and go to youtube. Just click on any video and press play on video. After that press the back button. Then select another video and press play. Then press back button. Then select 3rd video. And try to press play. Mine won't play any video on the third video??? It doesn't seem like its registering the click anymore???

OP
B

Bustanut666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can someone with an ipad mini please give this a try and let me know the results?? i am actually using another youtube player now but just curious if i am the only one having this issue..

thanks in advance..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I initially duplicated your issue on my Mini. However, after YouTube wouldn't play on the third try, a refresh of the web page fixed it and then the third video (and fourth, fifth, etc) would play.

Just must have filled Safari's (or YouRube's) buffer or something - the refresh fixed it. The page had to be refreshed every couple of play attempts, but it would play.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
B

Bustanut666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm.. sounds like its a bug to me... wonder if this happens on a regular ipad as well?? i'll have to try it on my friends ipad 3....

Most reactions

Latest posts