What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube fast forward

KevinO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having trouble trying to fast forward YouTube videos. I can move the buffering or time bar but it just sits there and searches and usually gives me a playback error. Excuse if this is a repeat thread , but I did some searching on the site and came up empty.
Thanks
Kevin

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't have much to offer, but here's some general information.

Are you watching the YouTube videos in the YouTube app, in Safari, or in another app (in app browsers).

As it should be, the YouTube app is usually the most reliable way to watch. Restart the iPad if you having problems. This will fix it, most of the time. Provided the internet connection itself is not the issue.

Safari should work, but if you have an older iPad or the internet connection is touchy, it can cause problems. It's also possible for Safari to have other problems that show up more noticeably with videos. It may be necessary to restart the iPad or clear data and history from Safari to get the best performance.

Watching YouTube videos in third party apps like Twitter, FaceBook, or a news reader varies a lot. It really depends on the app, the particular video, and Murphy.

OP
K

KevinO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have much to offer, but here's some general information.

Are you watching the YouTube videos in the YouTube app, in Safari, or in another app (in app browsers).

As it should be, the YouTube app is usually the most reliable way to watch. Restart the iPad if you having problems. This will fix it, most of the time. Provided the internet connection itself is not the issue.

Safari should work, but if you have an older iPad or the internet connection is touchy, it can cause problems. It's also possible for Safari to have other problems that show up more noticeably with videos. It may be necessary to restart the iPad or clear data and history from Safari to get the best performance.

Watching YouTube videos in third party apps like Twitter, FaceBook, or a news reader varies a lot. It really depends on the app, the particular video, and Murphy.

I watch in the Youtube app. I have an IPad Air. I'll try restarting and see what that does. I've never really had too much problems with my internet connection .
Thanks twerppoet

Most reactions

Latest posts