1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Youtube downloader

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by tsmrg, Aug 24, 2013.

1. tsmrg

tsmrg iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hie guys is there any free app or a way i can download youtube videos in their original good quality. I am currently using "free video" but the quality is not as good as the one when i watch on using the "youtube" app.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. LannyC

LannyC iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +342 / 0
    McTube Pro, a YouTube client, used to be able to save YT videos for later viewing. But the last update removed the feature, reputedly at the "request" of Apple. One presumes YouTube didn't like folks watching a video without seeing their ads, and leaned on Apple.

You can still save them using any of several Firefox extensions on your Mac or PC, then transferring them to your iPad for watching. However, if they're only available as Flash movies, you'll need Handbrake to convert them to a format the iPad can use, perhaps mp4, and that will result in a quality loss.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.
  3. tsmrg

tsmrg iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks, let me try that one. I really appriciate!!