1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Youtube download issue

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Kenstephens, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Kenstephens

Kenstephens iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

Loving my new iPad 3. There's only 1 thing that's not working well for me and unfortunately it's something I do every day. That is, watch YouTube vids.

On my MacBook I'll click on 3 or4 vids to get them downloading, then I'll go browse other stuff until they're ready to watch. That just isn't working on the iPad. For a start all YouTube vids go the app so I can only have 1 going at any time. Second, if I leave the app to look at a web page or my email, not only does the vid stop downloading, but it goes back to start. So I am forced to put the iPad down and twiddle my thumbs until the vid is downloaded enough to finish without interruption, and then repeat that process for every vid I want to watch.

Nor can I find a way to tell the YouTube app I want a lower quality download so I can get it faster.

The story is similar with Vimeo vids, although at least I can have several open at once in Safari.

Am I doing something wrong? Surely there must be a way to have a better experience than this?

Any advice welcome, thanks,

Ken
  2. Semel

Semel iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I am using MxTube.It will download multiple videos at the same time and you can select what quality you want to download.
  3. MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    Sounds like you need the app SpeedBit.