What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube can't sign in

Koolie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like the subject says, I had to link my username to a google account which I did, I can sign into youtube.com, but not the YouTube app. It says I need to use the username, but on safari, it says that they've done away with usernames and to sign in with my email address and password on mobile devices. I just can't do that on the iPad (2- Ios5.1.1).
what can I do to log back into the YouTube app?
help plZ

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Like the subject says, I had to link my username to a google account which I did, I can sign into youtube.com, but not the YouTube app. It says I need to use the username, but on safari, it says that they've done away with usernames and to sign in with my email address and password on mobile devices. I just can't do that on the iPad (2- Ios5.1.1).
help plZ

If you're using the old (built in) youTube app, you were not the only one facing this problem today. Afaik it should be possible to sign in again.

neenaiphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try reinstalling the app, if you can be more specific with the error it will be easier to guide you.

OP
K

Koolie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Neenaiphone, I can't reinstall the app, it's part of the iOS...J.A., your right. I found I could sign in the next day. Weird though.
Thanks guys.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also use iOS app. And I cant. I read on other forums that and another users have problem with login.

The ones I found aren't up to date. There were different solutions. Did you find any and try them?
Which way do you sign in? User name or mail address?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I found something. The same problem appeared again a few days ago, it seems and is still existing. They're trying to solve it. Users are asked to go to m.youtube.com in the meantime. Try to use your browser.

OP
K

Koolie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I can. now, but what I found different is the way I sign in. I can sign in now using my email address that's linked to the username. So it's [email protected] and the password you use to log in to that email account as apposed to the username and the password for that username.
So basically yeah, two different types of credentials for both username(which is NOW the email address) and the password (which is now the email password and not your username password, unless of course they are the same)

Doug6388

iPF Noob
Reaction score
help plZ

July 4, 2013 and this happened to me on my ipad even tho i could log in under youtube.com.
This is what I found out...google no longer supports Youtube user names as a log in which in my case was my screen name.Not allowed to post the link but here is the info. I entered my email address in the 'username' box and same password as before and viola, it works.

Can't sign in with YouTube username

We no longer support signing into your account with your YouTube username—but you can still access your account:

Enter your email address instead of your YouTube username. Your account has an associated email address. If you're not sure what it is, see below.
Your password still works. Your password hasn't changed—it's still the same password you've been using to sign into YouTube.
You're still signing into the same account as always—you just need to enter the email address on the account instead of your YouTube username.

Most reactions

Latest posts