What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube cache' problem

Mbagni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I would like to share a bit of my frustration that I am having using the YouTube application delivered with the basic application pack in the iPad2.
My source of frustration derives from the very bad "broadband" service offered at my location from the telecom company (800 Kbps when it is "running", mostly 300 Kbps ). This ridiculous bandwidth forces me to wait long time for the YouTube application to download a consistent portion of the video in order to have the possibility to see it without lone and tedious interruptions.
So far no problems. But the very bad times occur when I move the cursor of the video timescale (sorry for the poor description, I mean the slider at the top of the video) back, in order to see the video from the beginning again (eventually making time pass while the video is fully downloaded) and here occurs the "cashing problem": most of the times YouTube resets the cash and starts to download the video from the new cursor's position!
In those cases I would like to bite my iPad!
Is there a way to prevent YouTube to behave so blindly? Or better d you know any alternative that is smarter? On my Linux I simply put the video on hold and monitor the /tmp directory where the video il cashed while downloading and when it is all downloaded I simply use another player to play it without interruptions (and if I like it I can also copy it somewhere else for future playbacks). Is there some equivalent application that you might suggest?
Thank you all for your support.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could download the video first with tagdisk HD+ from the app store. There's a free version to try.

Btw - it's spelled "cache"...sorry....

OP
Mbagni

Mbagni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You OUTL4W and sorry for the repeated - shame on me! - mistype... Suggestions for "cash" problems welcomed too ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts