What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube buffering?

newburcj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely hate trying to watch YouTube videos any more. Every time it will initially load very fast, play for about three seconds and then hang. A couple minutes later it will start up for a few seconds, and then hang again. Only YouTube does this. I can watch Netflix, Hulu and Vudu with no problems. I'm connected to the internet via airport LAN to DSL. Have an iPad 1 with maybe 60% free. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you /rant.

analternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. This happens to me when i am connected to someone elses Wifi.

tamise17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It drove me crazy too. But someone on the forum recommended a free app called Speedbit. I installed and I find I can watch the YouTube videos now.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine works fine, probably a function of

your router speed.

I just let it load at it's own rate and when loaded, touch the arrow and it plays through just like Netflix.

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could be wrong here guys but this seems like a simple problem. LOL It clearly has something to do with your Internet connection, it may be weak or you need to get faster Internet.

analternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tamise17 said:
It drove me crazy too. But someone on the forum recommended a free app called Speedbit. I installed and I find I can watch the YouTube videos now.

Thanks, I downloaded Speedbit and it works.

Red5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the speedbit hd tip, I was having the same problem but its ok when using speedbit.

Most reactions

Latest posts