What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube bookmark

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use iCloud to sync your bookmarks, they'll also appear in Safari on your Apple laptop, if you decide to enable this in your System Preferences.

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
But if one bookmark is missing, will it still be missing when, having signed into iCloud at the outset, I come to use Safari on the new device?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's missing on one device, and the Apple devices are all synced via iCloud, it'll also be missing everywhere else.

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. Would it it be possible to re-add the lost bookmark from the YouTube website on the new device, where there would be no App available.?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you've enabled it, the bookmarks from all your devices will be shown on your new Mac.

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
scifan - I thought about removing my iPad's Safari from the iCloud,. Then I could start afresh. However, the seems to be a Bookmarks plist on a Mac. I am not quite clear how it works, but it might be possible to restore default bookmarks that have been deliberately or accidentally delete

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would it be simpler to search the video in question and re-bookmark it? Do it on the Mac so you don't run into the app opening issue on the iPad. If you have recently been to that video, it should show in your YouTube history, if you always view YouTube logged into your account.

Most reactions

Latest posts