What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube bookmark

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello! Some time ago I deleted the YouTube bookmark in Safari on my iPad2, as I was using the App instead. However, now I would like to reinstate the bookmark, but I just can't find a way of simply adding a You Tube bookmark. (With YouTube open, the Safari Bookmarking symbols aren't there!). Can anyone help, please?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You would need to navigate to the page for the clip within Safari to bookmark it.

EDIT: you could actually copy the link, then paste that to Safari then bookmark it.

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As I explained, you can't add bookmarks from theYou Tube page nor can you add a link to the Safari Bookmarks (I have tried).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go to the YouTube webpage instead of opening it in the app, you'll get this page. From there, you can add a homescreen bookmark.
image.png
image.png

If you get this pop up, tap on cancel and do the search again. If you tap on open, you'll be taken to the YouTube app, where you can't add a homescreen bookmark. This time you'll go to the YouTube website.
image.png

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi scifan! I have tried to go to the webpage with the YouTube address, but each time it keeps coming up with the same view as the App, with no Safari options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the direct link to YouTube. See if that works. https://m.youtube.com
I just tested it and the link goes to the website and not the YouTube app view.

If not, you could try deleting the app, then go to the website and create your homescreen bookmark. You could then re-install the YouTube app.

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The link still brought me to the App, so I think I will have to delete the App. If I do so though, will I lose any saved data or will that be saved to my account?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you've used the app with your account, you should find these when you log in again on the site.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let us know if the home screen bookmark sends you to the website after you re-install the YouTube app or sends you to the app.

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I will, but haven't quite given up trying to go direct to the website, as you suggested, scifan57 - just in case I lose anything!
Thanks very much for your help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a thought. Have you tried signing out of your YouTube account in the app, then trying to go to the YouTube website?

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I hadn't tried that. It's worth a go. What I arrived at just now was another screen for YouTube with a mix of my watched videos and some miscellaneous other ones! Am probably leaving a trail of cookies, which may be the cause.

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Incidentally, scifan, the reason I started this quest was because I'm getting an Apple laptop shortly and I was concerned that my bookmarks, or in this case lack of one, might be reflected via iCloud to Safari on the new device. I would be grateful for your thoughts on that.

Most reactions

Latest posts