What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube app

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
As long as you don't mind not having Siri, I would actually keep 5.1.1 if I were you. I actually don't use Siri as much as I thought I would (except on the first day LOL.)
I'm actually starting to wish I didn't do the update, losing YouTube and Google Maps. I want my YouTube back! :mad:

I wanted Siri so much, but as a humble iPad 2 user, I have been left out in the cold. It seem like only yesterday that my device was cutting edge.

I

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
I found a WAAAYYYYYY better app than jasmine!

Called youplayer

ITS JUST LIKE THE OLD YOUTUBE APP!:D

I wanted to give this app a try before updating but I need iOS6 to install it.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Youplayer is OK. It plays a lot of stuff that Jasmine won't. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to give you access to your playlists, which is a pain in the butt, after I spent ages transferring favorites to playlists.

Jasmine seems to have some issues. It won't play a lot of stuff. It has a message that frequently appears, saying that YouTube has restricted the feed. The dev is apparently working on it. Why it happens on Jasmine and not youplayer, I have no idea.

G_Core

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
An inch of patience, my friend will do you some good right now. :)

Don't worry we got many patience that takes its just that I bought iPad because its fast and it is, but that's the problem the App Store ain't no fast!

G_Core

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Youplayer is OK. It plays a lot of stuff that Jasmine won't. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to give you access to your playlists, which is a pain in the butt, after I spent ages transferring favorites to playlists.

Jasmine seems to have some issues. It won't play a lot of stuff. It has a message that frequently appears, saying that YouTube has restricted the feed. The dev is apparently working on it. Why it happens on Jasmine and not youplayer, I have no idea.

Dude.
When I play on jasmine it shows me "YouTube cannot restrict feeds for this video"
So.... What's that all about ?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Amy, thank you for the heads-up on YouPlayer. So far, it's been excellent, indeed better than Jasmine. There are scattered reports of it not working after some number of searches, but then some folks seem doomed to failure regardless, so I'm not taking them too seriously yet. :)

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
G_Core said:
Dude.
When I play on jasmine it shows me "YouTube cannot restrict feeds for this video"
So.... What's that all about ?

I have no idea. The dev seems to think its a deliberate policy of the copyright holders, but other players seem to work OK, so I'm at a loss. Pity, because if it actually worked it would be an ideal player. In the meantime, youplayer gets my vote, in spite of not being able to access playlists.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't worry we got many patience that takes its just that I bought iPad because its fast and it is, but that's the problem the App Store ain't no fast!
Yes, the App Store is unbearably sluggish at times. I searched the 'net, and someone says to go to Settings-Privacy-LocationSevices-SystemServices and disable Genius for Apps. But I don't see an option for that!

Send from my iPad using iPF.net

G_Core

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
I know right!

image-1078896351.jpg
That's how leggy the new App Store is!

G_Core

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Wow! Even mine isn't that bad! (I think mine is a case of slow WiFi, it's getting better...)

Send from my iPad using iPF.net

Can downgrade to 5.1.1??

svdharadhar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Amy Rose. You've made my day! Youplayer is indeed similar to erstwhile youtube app. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts