What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube app

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are scaring me away from 6. LOL!
As long as you don't mind not having Siri, I would actually keep 5.1.1 if I were you. I actually don't use Siri as much as I thought I would (except on the first day LOL.)
I'm actually starting to wish I didn't do the update, losing YouTube and Google Maps. I want my YouTube back! :mad:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at the Announcement section in Jasmine. The dev has left a message there, explaining why so many videos are unavailable. It's not his fault, nor Google's. It seems a lot of record companies are getting heavy on the inclusion of their music in YouTube videos and insisting that Google stop the feed.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. My own videos are still up, but I don't know how long they will survive, since most of them have a copyrighted soundtrack. The copyright holders were once satisfied with being able to add their own advertising to such videos. Now, it appears that they have become a bit more heavy handed.

Reaction score
skimonkey said:
An inch of patience, my friend will do you some good right now. :)

Sorry about that.
I get frustration problems sometimes because of my update. Im sure I'll get used to it soon.

Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Have you gone back to the anything goes thread? Richard Brown was giving you some very good advice there.

I found out the couple problems. It was a good thing he sent me those links. They were of good use ;)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, Amy. Consider this. Don't want to sound like one of Monty Python's 4 Yorkshiremen, so insert mental smileys at will.

When I was your age, home computers hadn't been invented. Anything remotely like the iPad was science fiction.
Television was still black and white. Color became available the year I was 11, but was hideously expensive.
There was no such thing as Sonic the Hedgehog. In fact, there were no video games at all.
There was no Internet. No email, no Google, no YouTube.
Home video was limited to ciné film, and was also horribly expensive.
CDs were 12 inches across and black :)))

Fun times, eh?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish they would just make the YouTube website work, as I have been having issues with it requiring Flash lately? I tried the Flash workaround for iPad that was mentioned in some thread on here and it doesn't work for YouTube :(
If they would just fix the YouTube website for iOS, I'd be happy, as I love the website almost more than the old app :(

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey, Amy. Consider this. Don't want to sound like one of Monty Python's 4 Yorkshiremen, so insert mental smileys at will.

When I was your age, home computers hadn't been invented. Anything remotely like the iPad was science fiction.
Television was still black and white. Color became available the year I was 11, but was hideously expensive.
There was no such thing as Sonic the Hedgehog. In fact, there were no video games at all.
There was no Internet. No email, no Google, no YouTube.
Home video was limited to ciné film, and was also horribly expensive.
CDs were 12 inches across and black :)))

Fun times, eh?
When I was a boy... :D
You will come to enjoy iOS 6 at some point, Amy. :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here. Catch this. Just in case you were wondering about the 4 Yorkshiremen.

It works on Jasmine, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts