What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube App

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to hear your opinions on the youtube app. In my opinion it's bad/unfriendly. Here are some reasons.

1-It's very slow loading videos :)confused:)
2-You can't view many comments:)mad:)
3-Some videos are apparently not iPad compatible (weird huh)
4-The subscription tab seem to have an error when requesting to load most recent videos (this problem is common with many users)

I hope the new iOS will improve it even if it was just a bit (I know it won't happen though:()

Thanks for reading, feel free to express your opinion.:)

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything you mention is working fine for me. I've never had a problem with the YouTube app since I first purchased the iPad, through all of the OS updates. You may want to try restoring your iPad firmware.

There are numerous threads regarding supposed YouTube problems on this forum. I would search and read those threads for more info.

Kallo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
missing videos on the Ipad app

On my PC I can see a user has videos that are not visible on the iPad YouTube app. Not by searching with the video name, nor by browsing through the users videos. What might be the cause of this?

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like it, particularly how the comments are placed. You can scroll through the comments and still see the video. Though I do agree, it's a little annoying that not all the comments are displayed. But as for the speed of loading, I noticed, for me anyway, that it gets slow only at night. In the day, it functions perfectly. Other than the fact the some comments aren't shown and that some videos cannot be played, I love it.

AtaRobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope they improve it so you can send messages since the new ones annoying and you can see messages you have send people or comments if someone comment back a video.

The features I would like to see if they do anything in IOS 5 we will find out soon.

Inbox feature view and send messages to friends.

Comments see what comments you have sent to friends and if have sent you one back.

Fix the issues saying YouTube cant connect to the server and fix subscriptions so they load sometimes it doesn't load and it's annoying.

That's about it what I would like to see for IOS5 YouTube if Apple update it then.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you get an alternative browser to Safari, say, Atomic or Mercury, you won't need the Youtube App. From these browsers, the user interface is better than the dedicated Youtube app, you see loads of comments.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

clement

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to hear your opinions on the youtube app. In my opinion it's bad/unfriendly. Here are some reasons.

4-The subscription tab seem to have an error when requesting to load most recent videos (this problem is common with many users)

I hope the new iOS will improve it even if it was just a bit (I know it won't happen though:()

What you said maybe is right, but not all the youtube app are the same.

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What you said maybe is right, but not all the youtube app are the same.
Not only is it slow to download but having fully dled if you slide the video back to view again, it starts to dl again (instead of playing from cache like on a pc).

Has anyone else the same experience or is it just me?

Brownzilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Totally agree, it's frustratingly bad. It's an example of how Apple's unwillingness to adopt flash significantly affects iPad users. I think neither Google, nor Apple are all that motivated to improve the quality given that they are competitors. Maybe the introduction on new tablets into the market will change things...

Most reactions

Latest posts