What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube and Facebook, a glaring omission

Malpeli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In all of Apple's undoubted brilliance there is one ridiculous omission from the YouTube app... The ability to send a video link directly to your Facebook status.

Oh there is a share button, but it only allows you to share it in an email. Apple's own website declares that Facebook integration is possible, but close inspection of the app proves this to be false.

Now I'm not suggesting an investigation by the FTC, but if you're going to make a claim, don't act like a bunch of southern baptists on a genesis crusade. Just be cause it says it is so doesn't make it so.

pricej636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you need to switch to decaff. If you go to youtube in Safari you can share to your facebook page. Im my opinion the youtube experience is better in the browser anyway on the iPad.

OP
M

Malpeli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ummm...

My point, and I think I make it fairly clear, is that there are some major absences of functionality in the YouTube app. The fact that the YouTube experience is better in Safari is not the point. As a result of this deficiency the YouTube app is redundant. Pointless...

We want Apple to improve their software. Posting these irritations here gives them an opportunity to include it in the next software upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to be clear, we only share the name of a product and its manufacturer in the name of this forum. We are a privately owned forum and have no connection with Apple, Inc.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How comes none of the default ipad apps are never updated? Youtube, maps, ipod and safari apps are never given updates except maybe during new firmware revisions. 1 thing i like to see added to youtube app is the ability to "subscribe"...can't seem to figure it out. When I see a user I want to subscribe to when browsing within the youtube app I have to then open atomic/safari and subscribe from the website.

Why?

OP
M

Malpeli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't imagine a reason that won't sound like I'm insulting the Apple software engineers and earn me another infraction. Treading as gently as I possibly can I'd suggest it's either due to arrogance or laziness.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Arrogance or laziness"? Dude, you need to chill out, and maybe dial down on the attitude.

Most reactions

Latest posts