What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favourite position in bed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreatone3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I change things up. Sometimes on my side with the iPad laying flat or propped up (I have a folding case), sometimes on my back holding the iPad out in front of me with my arms, and sometimes sitting up Indian style or against the headrest with the iPad in my lap or against my knees.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use mine on my side, propped up with knees, my cat underneath, one of those trays with bean bag beans in it, is useful. I'd also like to know if anyone suffered with repetitive wrist syndrome with reading with an iPad. I am a big reader and didn't realise why my left wrist ached all the time. I realised the only thing different was the fact I hold the iPad in left hand and flick with right. Apparently this is a common phenomenon. I call it ipaditus. It's almost gone now because I prop the iPad at all times now. Anyone else have this problem.

ICEHITMAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha! I love the name of this thread! My fav position is laying down, iPad in landscape mode on top of my chest, both hands gripping iPad 2 with thumbs doing all the work, haha!

Scottcl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One Arm Post Hold

I registered just so I could share my method, which works very well, and can be very comfortable with practice. It is one handed, leaving the other hand to operate the iPad.

Like others, I vary my hold a lot, but I have a unique favorite for lying on my back in bed, head on a pillow, and I call it the one arm post. Essentially, you balance the iPad (in landscape or portrait) in a single hand, with the arm going straight up from your elbow. The grip/hold is the trick, and balance is key, and is done at either bottom corner of the iPad (right side for right hand, left side for left hand). At the bottom corner of the iPad, place your thumb along the front side bottom edge, your index finger along the front side right or left edge (depending on the hand), and your middle and ring finger curled behind the corner of the iPad. Essentially, you are balancing the iPad on your thumb and index finger, with the iPad facing downward, and using the middle and ring finger to control the balance so that you can tilt it for good viewing.

I love this hold. Switch back and forth between hands when you get tired. This may not be best for really long usage, but is great for reading news and surfing the web, etc.

Last edited:

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol! The title of this thread and the other about "naked vs protection", have me seriously wanting to leave cheesy comments.

But to respond, I prop up on 4 pillows, knees up and hold my iPad against my thighs in landscape position. :)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Knees up with pillow propping iPad so I can use right hand.. I got serious pains in my left from holding iPad.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read the title and thought "is he talking about what I think he is?" then I read the first post.

I read in bed before I go to sleep, and the check the hacking section in iPF then go to sleep.

So, I usually lay on my side with the iPad on it's side too in front of me. It is more comfortable than any other way I have tried.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
naughty thoughts Young One! Yes, this position is when the orientation lock comes into it's own!

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using with my Zaggmate keyboard/case which includes a stand - works great.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
naughty thoughts Young One! Yes, this position is when the orientation lock comes into it's own!

What would you think he meant if you just read the title? :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
What would you think he meant if you just read the title? :)

Hee hee! Exactly what I thought silly! Double entendre?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Wanna know what I think? I think we should stay on topic and not turn this thread into a chat thread.;)

At least we are not way off topic like most threads. :)

But you are right.

I used to lay on my front, and prop up on a pillow and lay the iPad in front of me. After a while that gets too uncomfortable.

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got this a couple days ago and it works well. Lap Lite Lap Desk - Bed Bath & Beyond

I also have a Targus VuScape cover that has a stand built in and this combo is very comfortable.

Sometimes in the mornings I'm too lazy to crawl out of my nice warm bed so I use the above combo to check and answer emails, check Facebook and the forums, etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts