What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favourite position in bed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrandsk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lay on your side, with it near your face....

Sat up, holding it in your lap....

At the end of the bed on something....

Seriously though, I've never had an IPad before and have a great free BBC service called iPlayer, brilliant content and bedtime fodder... But on my side the orientation is wrong. Sat up I have to hold it up. At the end of the bed the screen is too far away.

Whats your favourite position and workarounds?

:D

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cbrandsk said:
Lay on your side, with it near your face....

Sat up, holding it in your lap....

At the end of the bed on something....

Seriously though, I've never had an IPad before and have a great free BBC service called iPlayer, brilliant content and bedtime fodder... But on my side the orientation is wrong. Sat up I have to hold it up. At the end of the bed the screen is too far away.

Whats your favourite position and workarounds?

:D

Snicker.....

Sorry....I can't help it....<giggle> Gawd I'm hopeless...

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

MsAmandaLove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like laying on my back with the ipad laying on my stomach most of the time.
Or sometimes when I'm laying flat on my stomach facing the ipad propped up.
And other times I'm sitting upright with it propped up on a pillow.

OP
C

cbrandsk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive been mostly sitting up on my pillows, with legs bent to lean it against.. but gets somewhat smothered by quilt and my legs want to go stright after 10 mins.

I think this problem needs a genuine solution :D

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a really neat little portable folding stand that works well on most reasonably level surfaces and it's totally adjustable. So, for any extended periods, I just lay on my back, prop up my upper back/head and put the stand on my chest. Works pretty nicely. I also have a nice big "lap desk" (wood top with a beanbag under it that's good for typing, writing, etc. I can sit up with.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Max said:
My cats always show up to be the best iPadrests ever, no matter if I'm on my side or on my back...

You said it! I have a few cats that don't mind improvising for me, as well.

normanj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends upon what I am doing. If I am just reading or surfing the web, I usually be on my side, with one hand holding the iPad and the other fir moving pages, etc. For any sustained typing, I will usually sit in my bed with the iPad on top of a sheet or blanket on my lap.

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
normanj said:
It depends upon what I am doing. If I am just reading or surfing the web, I usually be on my side, with one hand holding the iPad and the other fir moving pages, etc. For any sustained typing, I will usually sit in my bed with the iPad on top of a sheet or blanket on my lap.

Same here, it also depends on what I am doing. When surfing the net and reading, I would be on my side with my iPad next to me, though when it gets uncomfortable, I'd lie on my back with the iPad on my stomach. When I'm typing, I would sit cross-legged with my iPad on my lap.

But for some reason, I don't like using my iPad in bed that much. I get too restless and start to fidget, it gets too uncomfortable, and sometimes I end up falling asleep while using it. I much rather do stuff at my desk and leave beds for sleeping in.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just rest it on my chest.

Sent from my bed using iPad2 (and coffee)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought this neat but strange looking holder/stand last Fall called a Propup. My Ipad1 with Apple case just "pushes" into it--and out. It allows me to sit here without holding it, in my lap, and typing easily. BUT best of all for reading in bed it sits at the right angle regardless of position---- on my stomach with it in front of me, on my side with it at an angle, on my back with it on my stomach. I bought it for reading in bed (its soft, light foam) but use it every day for typing,

One review I found with video
http://www.ismashphone.com/2011/03/hands-on-review-propup-ipad-stand.html

Diane

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions