What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favorite stylus - here's mine

jmantze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
digitalartandmore.com
Before I bought my iPad I had looked at many reviews and online commentaries about iPad users favorite accessories. Having a good workable stylus was important to me as one of the main functions of my iPad would be using it with art apps.

What Styluses have you bought and liked or didn't like?

Here's the details on the styluses shown in the photo. Stylus A - Dagi model P501 (length 5" - Dagi.com). Stylus B - Griffin (length 4.25" - Amazon.com). Stylus C - BoxWave (length 4.25" - Amazon.com). FYI - all of these stylus's are OK. The BoxWave and Griffin are the same except for a nylon lanyard, the metal pocket clip is nice if your traveling. I prefer the Dagi for use with drawing/paint apps, but it's plastic pocket clip is rather flimsy and could allow the stylus to be lost. I do like the Dagi's feel in my hand and it's responsiveness with art apps.

p62410843-3.jpg

Last edited:

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Griffin = Targus =just about the same as Boxwave.

The Dagi, hey? That's a hard plastic tip, no. Do you use it without a screen protector? I was interested in it for a while because its design seemed to give you more precision in where to gauge where the tip is.

But I've become pretty accustomed to working with the Targus' stubby tip.

71wrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Boxwave and really like it. I tried one with an angled tip (can't remember the name) and really couldn't get used to it.

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will not buy the box case anymore, tip came off after couple of months. I just got the
A case for few bucks ana works great and I have screen protector.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Griffin = Targus =just about the same as Boxwave.

The Dagi, hey? That's a hard plastic tip, no. Do you use it without a screen protector? I was interested in it for a while because its design seemed to give you more precision in where to gauge where the tip is.

But I've become pretty accustomed to working with the Targus' stubby tip.
Same here...

Alxc9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stylus.

I use a pen/stylus combo by Hard Candy. Go to their website. Theyare pretty cool.

OP
jmantze

jmantze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
digitalartandmore.com
Sorry about the delay in getting the photo up - I was trying to make it work off a link on Flickr but it wouldn't go. This photo is linked off of my Zenfolio photo sharing site.

Here's a link to my first iPad/ArtRage images at my Zenfolio site

I've have seen other reviews which also said that the Targus was the same as the Griffin and Boxwave. They sure look like they all come out of the same factory because on close inspection the Griffin and Boxwave are identical. They have a smooth metal barrel and a soft rubber tip, and a nicely fashioned pocket clip which makes it a good buy in my estimation.

About the tip on the Dagi stylus, it's made of a clear and slightly flexible plastic with smooth rounded edges so there's nothing that could scratch the screen. No, I don't use a screen protector and have not noticed any damage done by the Dagi. Sometimes I have to click a couple of times on small icons to get things to open, but that's a minor inconvenience when compared to how nicely the Dagi stylus works almost all of the time.

About the stylus made by Hard Candy, this looks exactly like one I saw at a local Mac store here in Portland, OR. I liked the size and feel of it, but that it didn't have a pocket clip was a deal breaker for me.

Thanks to everyone who posted comments - much appreciated...

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For my vote, I have had the Targus for a month and a half and it's great! Really the success of it seems more app dependent than the styles itself (for example it takes to Penulitmate and Sketchbook extremely well - not so much on the lower quality apps).

iPhoneKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried several Stylus pen before I got this one: Just-Mobile Alu Pen all aluminum pen. It is great with Penultimate application and others. It feels wonderful in your hand and the rubber tip is very precise for drawing, dragging and pointing. It is expensive but worth every penny. Go for it!!!:D

mnshelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found the perfect ipad combo: the zoo-gue smart case and the stylus-r-us stylus from beststylus.com. It by far trumps the other styluses that I have tried (POGO and Griffin). With other styluses that I have tried you have to push way to hard which fatigues your hand, especially if you use it for taking notes like I do. The stylus-r-us works with a very light touch and allows you to write as slow or fast as you want. My hubby and I are both students and use the ipad for taking notes, and we love it. We have both the "terminator" and the "entrepreneur" which are both extendable so you can use it at any length that's comfortable for you. They are more expensive, but for us has been well worth the extra money.

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found the perfect ipad combo: the zoo-gue smart case and the stylus-r-us stylus from beststylus.com. It by far trumps the other styluses that I have tried (POGO and Griffin). With other styluses that I have tried you have to push way to hard which fatigues your hand, especially if you use it for taking notes like I do. The stylus-r-us works with a very light touch and allows you to write as slow or fast as you want. My hubby and I are both students and use the ipad for taking notes, and we love it. We have both the "terminator" and the "entrepreneur" which are both extendable so you can use it at any length that's comfortable for you. They are more expensive, but for us has been well worth the extra money.

+1. I have the "Jobs" and the Roger iWand and they are far superior to my Boxwave, which I still think is a pretty good stylus. The stylus -r-us is just a lot easier to use.

Most reactions

Latest posts