What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You tube vids keep stopping

Rich1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You Tube vids play at first, then they keep stopping. I read in a post to use Speedtest x and it says i have download speed of 18mbs and upload of 4, which seems right because i pay Time Warner for fastest sppeed cause my wife plays WOW.

What can i do to get You Tube vids to continue playing. Using 1st iPad.

Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You Tube vids play at first, then they keep stopping. I read in a post to use Speedtest x and it says i have download speed of 18mbs and upload of 4, which seems right because i pay Time Warner for fastest sppeed cause my wife plays WOW.

What can i do to get You Tube vids to continue playing. Using 1st iPad.

Thanks

It may be a case of insufficient RAM, as the iPad 1 only has 254MB of RAM. Try closing down any other apps which may be using RAM. You may have to let the video buffer for a while before playing it.

OP
R

Rich1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I rebooted thinking it may need to clear the RAM but it still was stuck. It was not buffering either. I know it will work again when I go back to You Tube tonight but then fail after awhile. Ironically, on my PC which has about 14GB of RAM I had the same problem today with a different video so ?? How do I close down other apps that may be using RAM? Do I just exit them or do I go into settings and do something? Thanks for your reply.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You tube has a habit of not downloading fast enough to keep up and the download stops. They do this to try and control bandwidth, if they streamed everything fast enough all the people that only watch part of a video would use bandwidth to download the whole thing.

I think that is crummy of them as sometimes it takes me up to 10 minutes to watch a 30 second video. One solution is to pause playback while it buffers video, but it will stop buffering a short way into the set and you have to tap play then pause to start it back to filling more buffer.

If You Tube wasn't the only game in town I would avoid it completely. Google ruined it after they bought it.

johnsmith01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your video download speed is slow or inconsistent, you can try pausing the video until the entire stream is downloaded and then playing the video.

Most reactions

Latest posts