What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes I m new and curious

n0m0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Im new to the iPad...
Actually I have not purchased one as of yet.
I am a Verizon customer with a Android device.
I have been researching the Android tablets, comparing them to the iPad or the specs of one.
Now that it looks like Apple will begin to sell on Verizon I have been starting to compare a Android tab to a iPad in respect to which will be best for me.

Ok a few years back i was a happy iPhone (2g) owner, who unlocked and jailbroke the device.

I guess what I am getting to is has the iPad been unlocked/jailbroken?
I know that Verizon is selling the wifi version, but if the device is un-lockable then I might go and purchase a wifi/3g version from apple.

You never know where you'll be or who your service provider will be...
1 think I don't like is hat the iPad doesn't have a from camera, which was 1 of my wants.
Can you add a USB camera and video conference?
For that matter is there 1 made that is small and functional for the iPad?

Thanks

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad is always unlocked.

Welcome! I promise you that you won't be disappointed.

OP
N

n0m0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Always unlocked?
I can put in a ATT or T-Mo sim card?

Also what are your thoughts about a front camera?

Thank you

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uhhhhhh what I got out of that was you want the 3G so you can switch between verizon or AT&T? If that's the case, sorry to pop the bubble of greatness, but 3G will only work with AT&T in America. Can work with tmobile via slow edge network.. Sprint and verizon are on old dated technology unable to work with tmobiles 3G and AT&T 3G.

OP
N

n0m0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uhhhhhh what I got out of that was you want the 3G so you can switch between verizon or AT&T? If that's the case, sorry to pop the bubble of greatness, but 3G will only work with AT&T in America. Can work with tmobile via slow edge network.. Sprint and verizon are on old dated technology unable to work with tmobiles 3G and AT&T 3G.

OK so will the ipad from a Apple store allow me to insert either a ATT or T-Mobile sim card and have 3g data

I guess you made me think will it work on a 4 G sims card as well?

Thanks

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Always unlocked?
I can put in a ATT or T-Mo sim card?

Also what are your thoughts about a front camera?

Thank you

Sorry, I live in Europe, but I know that no iPad is locked. As long as the network you want to use has 3G. Every single European (three just here in tiny Switzerland) carrier has an iPad plan.

I hope that someone with more info on US carriers will pipe in with details.

I personally expect that iPad 2 will have a front facing camera for chatting, so if you want to wait...

It would have been nice for FaceTime, that's for sure.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use tmobile you will only get EDGE. Their 3G doesn't work with apple products.

OP
N

n0m0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use tmobile you will only get EDGE. Their 3G doesn't work with apple products.

So unlike the iphone the iPad is not locked to ATT?
And should I assume that there is no option for video conferencing?

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts