What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yelp has moved my business

MartinP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in New Zealand, and Yelp shows my business some 3 miles (5 Km) away from it's real location.

OK, I tried to start a business account on Yelp so I could correct the address etc., but no, there is no Yelp NZ, and in Yelp from any other country it doesn't recognise my business or address.

So I tried to send Yelp.com a message, but cannot do that as it tells me it can't find my business. What the hell???? So I sent a message as a normal "user", and it said it can take up to a week to respond.

I am mega pi55ed off with a lot of the IOS 6 update, and this really has hit the nails in hard. :(:(

Martin
Kerikeri New Zealand

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you try the Report a Problem button on the map itself? There is an option to report a wrong pin location.

Tap the pin, tap the info logo - details of the business appear, options including Report a Problem at the bottom. Reports directly to Apple.

OP
M

MartinP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have corrected the info. Will have to wait to see if and when the changes are made.

Yelp has come back to say they couldn't find my listing and want me to send them a link to my business profile. As the problem is I couldn't find it, I don't know quite how I'll do that.

You instructions were a great help, thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
M

MartinP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sent all my business details to Yelp, plus the details of the incorrect info seen on Apple Maps. They replied by letting me know Yelp was not currently present in New Zealand.

OK, then, where does Apple get it's business info from in non Yelp countries?

Does anyone know and can advise please?

Martin

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MartinP said:
I sent all my business details to Yelp, plus the details of the incorrect info seen on Apple Maps. They replied by letting me know Yelp was not currently present in New Zealand.

OK, then, where does Apple get it's business info from in non Yelp countries?

Does anyone know and can advise please?

Martin

Probably multiple data sources. The fact that you used the notify tool on the Maps app itself is probably the best route to have it changed. It won't happen overnight ( for obvious reasons) but it will happen.

OP
M

MartinP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did some research on this, and found dozens of sources listed for this info on Maps.

Quite where our particular info came from I have no idea, it's not even close though the phone number and URL are correct.

We are shown as street number 100-102, there is no such address, but 102 is our local police station.

Most reactions

Latest posts