What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellow NotePad App ?

iPad2needhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really liked the yellow notepad app in think maybe iOS6 but since upgrading to iOS7 it is just white notepad. Will iOS8 have the yellow notepad app ? Really do not want to upgrade to iOS8 unless the yellow notepad is available. That was a really nice app for at church or with my friends. Is there a way to get the yellow notepad app back please ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really liked the yellow notepad app in think maybe iOS6 but since upgrading to iOS7 it is just white notepad. Will iOS8 have the yellow notepad app ? Really do not want to upgrade to iOS8 unless the yellow notepad is available. That was a really nice app for at church or with my friends. Is there a way to get the yellow notepad app back please ?
The notes app in iOS 8 is white, not yellow. I'm sorry but there's no way to get the old notes app back. This is a built in app integrated with iOS, there's no way to separate it from the operating system. Maybe you can find a third party app that will work for you.

OP
I

iPad2needhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for the replies. Curious as to which third party app is the best to use please ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thought I already sent this, but apparently I forgot to click the post button:

I like Evernote best, but it's over kill if all you want/need is a Notes replacement. And it's mostly green, not yellow.

I have several other special purpose note taking apps, butI don't have any simple Notes replacements, because if all I need is Notes, I use it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
One of the other apps I use is Notability. This is also way more powerful than the Notes app. It's geared to taking live notes in a lecture environment, with annotation features and the ability to take notes on top of PDFs; but there's no reason you couldn't use it for simple text notes.

Since you can change the backgrounds, you can have yellow notes if you want them.

urymehuj.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you both for the replies. Curious as to which third party app is the best to use please ?

Well, I'm waiting to update our iPads to iOS 8.x but as already said, the skeuomorphic yellow notepad as part of the iOS is likely gone forever (unless some options to change the background color are added to the app later, unlikely) - SO, just curious 'why' you need the yellow color?

You can visit the app store and search on 'notes' to see what may be available - and maybe other members will 'chime in' w/ suggestions, BUT often w/ these OS upgrades, one has to simply accept and adjust to the changes. Dave :)

OP
I

iPad2needhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Twerppoet as Notability would be perfect for church on Sundays for note taking assignments.

Giradman, If you look through my another posts. You will realize I am Deaf and use American Sign Language as my everyday primary mode of communication.

Yellow paper is what I am most familiar with and the yellow notes made it easier to read on my Apple iPad. I really miss the yellow note app.

Looking forward to next Sunday in church. Thank you Gentlemen for the replies. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts