What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo mail problem

Mr Stress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, yahoo mail been working fine until a few days ago. Trying to log in to yahoo mail, I get a message ‘ you have turned off JavaScript’. I have deleted yahoo, re installed, trying to find where to turn JavaScript back on. Had no idea I had turned it off! So, I cannot connect to yahoo mail. Anyone help please. TIA.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are using Safari to get your Yahoo Mail, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced (at bottom) and make sure JavaScript it turned on. If you are using the Yahoo! Mail app, no idea what is going on.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Some users have experienced problems with logging in to Yahoo Mail the last 24 hours. This problem appears in parts of the USA and Europe. Yahoo is certainly aware of the issue. It should be corrected within the next hours or days.

OP
M

Mr Stress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for replies. I am using google / chrome, always have on this iPad. Never had a problem until now. Have tried safari as an experiment, and, I can’tget my yahoo mail..... I get the same pop up window telling me I have turned JavaScript off. On my home pc - on windows 10 and my android phone, yahoo works perfectly. Am confused beyond belief. Thanks for your replies.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Then, as Johanna suggests it’s probably a problem with Yahoo Mail itself. Yahoo has a history of minor problems with its mail servers, and iPads seem to get the brunt of it. You can try using the Yahoo! Mail app on the iPad and see if it works better for you. You can also try adding your Yahoo account to the Mail app and using that until your preferred method works again.

Good luck.

Most reactions