What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo email totally not working

Lpatrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot receive any email from our Air 2. PC email is operating with zero fault. I deleted the email account then recreated. Still no mail. After Checking for mail cycle it says Updated Yesterday.

Hope someone can help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use the built in Mail app for the account? If so, do you get any errors or popups when you open the app?

OP
Lpatrick

Lpatrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm back........the fix caused a new problem.

To summarize the original problem.
Suddenly Air 2's Yahoo mail which was setup thru Settings was totally empty. Update said Updated yesterday. All "added" mailboxes were gone. Attempts to again setup Yahoo mail was unsuccessful.

Solution
Note my email address ends in "@sbcglobal.net". Used Chat on my PC to contact Apple. Rep had me create a new email account in Settings using Other account. Upon filling in the fields Sbcglobal appeared as the email account AND all remaining fields were populated.

Air 2 Sbcglobal email account sends and receives without error but all original added Mailboxes were not brought over. Additionally, when I attempt to creat a new mailbox the message "Unable to Create Mailbox" "The mailbox couldn't be created on the server."

Two requests from you.

1. Solution to re-creating original Yahoo account.
2. Solution to creating new mail boxes for Sbcglobal email account.

Thank you for all help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm back........the fix caused a new problem.

To summarize the original problem.
Suddenly Air 2's Yahoo mail which was setup thru Settings was totally empty. Update said Updated yesterday. All "added" mailboxes were gone. Attempts to again setup Yahoo mail was unsuccessful.

Solution
Note my email address ends in "@sbcglobal.net". Used Chat on my PC to contact Apple. Rep had me create a new email account in Settings using Other account. Upon filling in the fields Sbcglobal appeared as the email account AND all remaining fields were populated.

Air 2 Sbcglobal email account sends and receives without error but all original added Mailboxes were not brought over. Additionally, when I attempt to creat a new mailbox the message "Unable to Create Mailbox" "The mailbox couldn't be created on the server."

Two requests from you.

1. Solution to re-creating original Yahoo account.
2. Solution to creating new mail boxes for Sbcglobal email account.

Hello - thanks for the information above - I was curious about the "@sbcglobal.net" and found their network Guide HERE - might want to take a look. Also, below is just the top portion of the guide stating a merger between ATT & Yahoo!, so not sure if that combination may be creating a problem.

As to your questions, do you have both a Yahoo address, i.e. [email protected], and also a [email protected] one, or does the latter take you to Yahoo? If you have two different addresses, have you gone to their email web-based clients on your PC and signed in to see if the 'mailboxes' are intact there?

Sorry, not of much help - hopefully others using this service will 'chime in', otherwise check the link and visit their sites to see if there is a FAQ and/or a forum community of users who may have resolved these issues. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 1.35.54 PM.png

OP
Lpatrick

Lpatrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only the sbcglobal.net account. PC has same account but operates perfectly, additional mailboxes. AT&T is my U-Verse Internet provider. I use their email service. Sbcglobal is a legacy name from the Southwestern Bell Company days. They, AT&T, has kept in active throughout decades of change.

OP
Lpatrick

Lpatrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contacted Apple Air 2 chat support again. Rep had me delete then recreate account. Somehow, someway everything is perfect. Sorry for all the hubbub. Guess this one will remain a mystery of life.

Thank you

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Deleting an email account from the iPad then adding it again often fixes unexplained problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts