What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XSysInfo

OP
Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For sure, it thinks you need to update XSysInfo. You're going to get that from now on - no way to avoid it on a non-JB iPad. We just need to live with it....and - never - never - press 'Update All'

Tim

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is JB'd. I edited the itemID number down 1 digit. Even though the badge says there's an update, clicking on updates in the App Store says everything's up to date. I thought editing the itemID number would eliminate the badge popping up. Did I misunderstand?

Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mattmilw: What I noticed is that you may have to wait until an update comes along for a different app.

I, too, noticed the notice kept coming back. But, it eventually stopped and, as I said, I think it was after I updated a different app (or maybe it was when I downloaded another app). Maybe it just took time...

Whatever the process (update or download a different app or time), right now, I do not have an update notice for my XSysInfo.

Marilyn

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder if it's at all possible to rename xsysinfo so it's not recognized and any updates are ignored but still be able to run the program.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay. For the heck of it, I deleted the [already modded] XSysInfo app from my iPad. I had modded it using the second step in my prior post here (#28) - I could do that because I was jail broke.

Then, I took the one I had modded in the first part of that post, which is doable by anyone with access to a computer - and put it on the iPad. I got the [modified] app on the iPad simply by syncing my iPad with iTunes, no fancy steps required... I'm sure you could just as easily "drag" it over...

Now, on the iPad is the old version of XSysInfo (version 1.4.4) and it is fine. The App Store still thinks I don't have it installed, so I get no upgrade badges. And, of course, iTunes thinks it's fine. also.

So, you can, with an non-jailbroken iPad (and a computer), modify the XSysInfo and then put it onto your iPad so that you won't have to worry about accidentally doing the upgrade.

As always, the usual caveats apply: Do at your own risk and YMMV. Just remember one thing before you start a project: Backup is your friend! :D

Marilyn

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the hard work Marilyn.

I'm going to try it when the kids are asleep....can't concentrate with the bloody racket atm.......

What we need is a Do Not Update button.

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. For the heck of it, I deleted the [already modded] XSysInfo app from my iPad. I had modded it using the second step in my prior post here (#28) - I could do that because I was jail broke.

Then, I took the one I had modded in the first part of that post, which is doable by anyone with access to a computer - and put it on the iPad. I got the [modified] app on the iPad simply by syncing my iPad with iTunes, no fancy steps required... I'm sure you could just as easily "drag" it over...

Now, on the iPad is the old version of XSysInfo (version 1.4.4) and it is fine. The App Store still thinks I don't have it installed, so I get no upgrade badges. And, of course, iTunes thinks it's fine. also.

So, you can, with an non-jailbroken iPad (and a computer), modify the XSysInfo and then put it onto your iPad so that you won't have to worry about accidentally doing the upgrade.

As always, the usual caveats apply: Do at your own risk and YMMV. Just remember one thing before you start a project: Backup is your friend! :D

Marilyn

Thanks! Worked for me (non-JB version).

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is now a new update to XSInfo - version 1.6. It appears to have the memory boost back (you have to pull to refresh versus press a button...).

I put it on my iPad1 and it works. In fact, I think it works better. It takes a bit longer for the "boosting" to occur, but I have consistently been getting more free memory after running this version than I did with the older version (1.4).

So, give it another try? BTW, I'm still saving the 1.4 version, just in case... :D

Marilyn

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw the notes on XSysinfo and, rather than struggle with the updater, I just downloaded it and moved it away to some distant folder. I suspect that there is a security concern involving the potential to lose data in iOS 5 or something similar.

Most reactions

Latest posts