What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

xcon Breaks Skype

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I installed Xcon in order to be able to use the Time Warner cable app
on my Jailbroken IPad 2. It now works. Prior to having installed
Xcon, Skype complained about not supporting the modified iOS, but it
worked. Now, Skype does not launch. See the below paste from the
system log. I rebooted and reinstalled Skype. Skype still refuses to
launch.

As soon as I uninstalled xcon, skype worked again.

Feb 7, 2012 9:50:21 PM - SpringBoard [26] (Warning): Application
'Skype' exited abnormally with signal 11: Segmentation fault: 11

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's probably not much you can do about it... Whatever JB checks Skype is doing must interfere with whatever JB fix trickery XCon tries to apply, resulting in a crash...

You either need to choose what config suits you best, or install / uninstall XCon as required.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is not a big deal, as I don't use the Time Warner app much, and it is simple and fast to install and uninstall Xcon. I'm trying to figure out why time warner cares if my Ipad is Jailbroken. If I am not jailbroken, I can only watch TV with the app, if I am connected to my home wifi, which shares a conenction with the Cable TV feed. Jailbreaking does not remove this limitation.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Content / Copyright owners, particularly with an "old media" heritage, fear jailbreaking because it has the potential to bypass whatever control they want to exercise on the content they provide. We can argue all we like about their lack of understanding of the subject matter and ineffective and ill conceived technical approaches to detect and block jailbreaks, but at the end of the day they will do what they think is right to protect their corporate and commercial interests. They are unlikely to ever change their stance on it since jailbreakers only represent a minority of their consumers.

Most reactions

Latest posts