What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbmc

fernackerpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am having trouble getting this app to work on my iPad 2..I have input the router settings and when it asks for the password I put my general one in but it keeps saying you are not connected,can someone help????

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought - the iPad automatically sets to upper case the first letter of a word it considers to be the first in a sentence. Just check it's not doing that to your password.

Tim

OP
fernackerpan

fernackerpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Just a thought - the iPad automatically sets to upper case the first letter of a word it considers to be the first in a sentence. Just check it's not doing that to your password.

Tim

No tried that just now and when I try to connect it says you are not connected

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Am having trouble getting this app to work on my iPad 2..I have input the router settings and when it asks for the password I put my general one in but it keeps saying you are not connected,can someone help????

Where are you entering the router settings? Xbmc system settings? Are you trying to access outside your home wifi?

OP
fernackerpan

fernackerpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fernackerpan said:
No tried that just now and when I try to connect it says you are not connected

Back again ..When will we be getting something that works like flash player..If the reports are anything to go by they say the iPad will take over the laptop if that's the case we need something of equal measure..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Back again ..When will we be getting something that works like flash player..

Never.

If the reports are anything to go by they say the iPad will take over the laptop if that's the case we need something of equal measure..

Did you get your XBMC question solved? Because, if this thread is going to devolve into a discussion about flash - I'll just close it as yet another redundant flash moan/gripe/complaint.

IOW - stay on topic...

Thanks.

Marilyn

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never.

Did you get your XBMC question solved? Because, if this thread is going to devolve into a discussion about flash - I'll just close it as yet another redundant flash moan/gripe/complaint/whining!

IOW - stay on topic...

Thanks.

Marilyn

You forgot one, woman. My personal favorite.:)

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Back to the original question, are you using a static ip on your router?? When I first loaded mine, my router would use a different password every now and then, and I would have to reset it.
Also, the XBMC app asks for the wireless key not the password, this is the 10 digit number and letter thing that should be on a sticker on your router.
Hope this helps

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back to the original question, are you using a static ip on your router?? When I first loaded mine, my router would use a different password every now and then, and I would have to reset it.
Also, the XBMC app asks for the wireless key not the password, this is the 10 digit number and letter thing that should be on a sticker on your router.
Hope this helps

Wireless key? A wireless key and password are the same thing. And most wireless routers don't have the key on a sticker on the side. Only ones I have seen with the key on the side are routers that your ISP provides. Or like a MiFi device.
Unless you are thinking of the Mac address.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are thinking of the password to access the router settings via the web settings. XMBC shouldn't need that. If it does, I wouldn't trust it.

OP
fernackerpan

fernackerpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will try once more with all the details everybody has given me then if not i will give up

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Are you trying to use an app that controls a xbmc installation on another machine? Its not really clear from your post, but if you are, the password will be whatever you have set in xbmc settings on the host machine.

Most reactions