What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.www APT

OP
H

Herb9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what an apt is, and www.file.com appears to be a place holder page. If you'll explain in a bit more detail it might help me figure out what you are trying to do.
Trying to save an urp on my IPAD3.
I don't know what an apt is, and www.file.com appears to be a place holder page. If you'll explain in a bit more detail it might help me figure out what you are trying to do.
Thanks for the reply.
I am trying to save a URL on my Ipad3.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah. A URL.

There are a few things you can do.

If you are on a site in Safari tap the icon that looks like a box with an up arrow. The options are:

1) Add Bookmark: This will save the site's address to your bookmarks (accessed with the book icon in the tool bar). There are several folders and subfolders here, and you can create your own using the Edit button. If you place the bookmark in the favorites folder than the links will also show up on your favorites screen and the favorites tab (if you have it enabled).

2) Add to Reading List. Also using the book icon. It's the tab with the glasses icon.This is a place to put articles and sited you want to read later. The are downloaded for offline reading.

3) Add to Homescreen: This creates an icon on your home screen. It looks just like an application icon, but it will open Safari to the site you've saved. Good for sites you want to visit frequently.

4) Copy: This will place the URL text in your clipboard. You can open any other app with a text entry field, tap-hold for the popup menu, then paste.

Besides these methods you can Message, Tweet, Mail, and possibly use other apps to send or save URLs. In iOS 8 the number of options expands as different apps create sharing and/or action extensions.

Finally, you can tap on the URL bar to select the text there. Tap a second time and you'll get a popup menu with the copy option. Like the other copy method the URL text is stored in the clipboard, and ready for pasting in other apps or text fields.

OP
H

Herb9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah. A URL.

There are a few things you can do.

If you are on a site in Safari tap the icon that looks like a box with an up arrow. The options are:

1) Add Bookmark: This will save the site's address to your bookmarks (accessed with the book icon in the tool bar). There are several folders and subfolders here, and you can create your own using the Edit button. If you place the bookmark in the favorites folder than the links will also show up on your favorites screen and the favorites tab (if you have it enabled).

2) Add to Reading List. Also using the book icon. It's the tab with the glasses icon.This is a place to put articles and sited you want to read later. The are downloaded for offline reading.

3) Add to Homescreen: This creates an icon on your home screen. It looks just like an application icon, but it will open Safari to the site you've saved. Good for sites you want to visit frequently.

4) Copy: This will place the URL text in your clipboard. You can open any other app with a text entry field, tap-hold for the popup menu, then paste.

Besides these methods you can Message, Tweet, Mail, and possibly use other apps to send or save URLs. In iOS 8 the number of options expands as different apps create sharing and/or action extensions.

Finally, you can tap on the URL bar to select the text there. Tap a second time and you'll get a popup menu with the copy option. Like the other copy method the URL text is stored in the clipboard, and ready for pasting in other apps or text fields.
Just what I wanted. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts