What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong time?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
In 'general settings' I like to set my time to manual. Which kinda works. But after 3 or 4 days the time always goes around 5 mins fast. Always. This happens whether I set it to manual or automatic.

Anyone else experience this? Most annoying.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FWIW I've seen discussions about this exact concern on Apple's forums. I've never experienced it so I haven't kept up with the cause or resolution but if you perform a search (possibly here...but for sure on the Apple forum) I'm sure you'll find an answer, or at least some company.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad ends up running a few minutes fast after a week or two. Even after setting it manually. I don't know much about clock technology, but it seems I've spent a large part of my life resetting clocks. So....meh... It is what it is ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My four iDevices are all set on auto time, but they're one minute apart. Goofy.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is unfailingly spot on. Router I guess.....But I could live with a couple of minutes here and there, everywhere I look all kit in here tells the time :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HedgeHogLuvva said:
I don't think i have 1 device that says the same time lol

Now that would drive me nuts! All my digital radios are correct, the Televisions are also, my Blu Ray player is also right. But they are all connected to my network!

You need at least one that's right :)

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Perhaps it's just the natural time shift effect we all suffer down in South Cardiff here from time to time. Either that or I'm being abducted by aliens without my knowledge or prior consent.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Or you live too close to Dr Who and Torchwood land! . My iPad and iPhone are always out of synch. I just synch them to the Greenwich time and live with it! What was the beach advertised in Torchwood, SJLEWORTHY

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
Now that would drive me nuts! All my digital radios are correct, the Televisions are also, my Blu Ray player is also right. But they are all connected to my network!

You need at least one that's right :)

I just go with the time on the iphone as it is always with me

But yes it is annoying, thankfully it isn't that bad, only single figure in minutes not double figures or hours :) now that would drive me nuts lol

Most reactions