What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wrong thumbnails, coverpictures

bob13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad shows wrong thumpnails in the Video app, as well as covers in the iTunes music app. On my iMac 24" everything is o.k.
My wife's iPad that she uses with her Mac Mini, gives the right pictures.
Strange is, on my iPhone they show right.
Does anybody know why and what I can do to solve the problem?

Attachments

• op iTunes.jpg
    op iTunes.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When things start acting a bit weird, it's a good idea to completely shut the iPad off and restart. You should probably do this at least once a week (my unsupported opinion on frequency.)

Just hold down the power button for about three seconds. You'll get a power off slider. Go ahead and slide it off. Wait until the iPad completely shuts down and then restart it by holding down the power button for about three seconds again.

For more serious problems, when shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home key for about 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

OP
B

bob13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does not help

Thanks for the answere but it did not solve the problem, even after installing the latest update of iTunes. On my iPhone they are o.k.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm, ok, one more thing to try.

First, only do this if all you music is on the computer in iTunes.

Plug in the iPad, go to the music sync settings for the iPad, and turn them off. Sync your iPad. This should remove all your music for the iPad. Then turn you sync back on and re-sync.

If you have a lot of music and music video's this could take a while, so plan accordingly.

This should be faster and less likely to lose stuff than restoring the entire iPad, which would be the only other think I can think of.

OP
B

bob13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it was better for a while

I did delete as well the music as the movies and it helpt a lot.
With only the movies synchronized most were o.k. 10 of 13.
synchronizing 300 songs the rubble was back again.
I'm affraid there is a bug in the last iOS on iPad because I never had it before.
How do I tell that to Apple?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How do I tell that to Apple?

Same way you told us, only to a support tech. My guess is they will have you backup, and do a complete restore on the device. But you would be better off talking to real Apple support. There may be other things they can do to help.

Bsilverthorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am seeing the same thing, never had this issues till 4.3.1 and 10.2. It was worked perfect up to now.

Reficuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone find a solution? I'm having the same problem with my video thumbnails

OP
B

bob13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After every thing I tried and installing the a new iOS the problem was solved for some time but even after the latest IOS it appeared again.
only 3 out of ten thumbnails are right sand 7 show the grey and white screen for no thumb available.
My question now is: could the problem be that I bring my origins to a different HD?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
bob13 said:
After every thing I tried and installing the a new iOS the problem was solved for some time but even after the latest IOS it appeared again.
only 3 out of ten thumbnails are right sand 7 show the grey and white screen for no thumb available.
My question now is: could the problem be that I bring my origins to a different HD?

On my side, i have the right thumbnails, but wrong titles when accessing iTunes home sharing for my videos... Something is wrong with the iPad...

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts