What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong name

justinboyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I didn't notice until I started actively using Siri today that after I updated to iOS 6 and synced my Facebook account that my iPad is referring to me by my brother's name. Not sure how that happened or why, my Facebook account is under my name. Anybody else have something like this happen? How do I fix it?

OP
justinboyer

justinboyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I fixed it by adding myself to Contacts, but does anyone know why my iPad did that? It had my brother linked to iCloud also. He doesn't even have an Apple device and doesn't use my iPad. Once I added myself to connects it linked me to iCloud also and I had to go and unlink my brother by editing his contact info. Weird, no?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unless you turn it off in Settings > FaceTime, the iPad will try to sync your FaceTime contacts tot he iPad. It probably picked up your brother's name (by some arcane means) from there.

BTW, if you would prefer for Siri to call you by some other name, just tell Siri "Call me xxxxx", and she will use that from then on.

OP
justinboyer

justinboyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha thanks. I originally tried "um, my name is Justin" which she didn't understand. She's fun though.

Most reactions

Latest posts